Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by MarkA Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:46 am
Anyone interested?

Unfortunately we have bit of diary clash so my plan is to ride the shorter one and try to get back as close as poss to 1:30pm (i have to be home before 2!)

If it looks like we are running late no big problem. I can dip out at the Sainsburys roundabout on the return route!

Will probably make it up to the race course later with the kids if anyone fancies meeting up for a bit of a look around?

by Willy H Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:11 am
I've sent for the entry form. Will probably do the 150km, but might agree to the 100km in the name of solidarity and companionship.

This would be another fine ride for the rising stars in Kevin's Saturday class!

by Arthur Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:41 am
If the route is the same as previous years the Moors are going to be heaving with cyclists as the Rydale Rumble is on the same roads on the same day :)

by MarkA Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:37 am
Agree with Arthur - I think it should prove to be a good day out :)

Links to routes on nyorks ctc website - maybe we will get two groups together if enough are interested in the longer route?

http://www.amkirby.demon.co.uk/NYDA/NYDAEvnts.htm

What i am unclear about is whether the Ron Kit rides are being organised as Audax events or not - i think it was optional the last couple of years.

I have mailed Gerry B to ask but i don't think it matters either way

Also lots to entertain in the afternoon!

http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=4385

by ClaireG Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:53 pm
Mark, as discussed yesterday, I'd like to join the 105km Hutton le Hole route too.

Cheers
Claire

by Gill C Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:12 pm
Hi,
I would like to come too. How do we enter or can we do it on the day?

by Willy H Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:42 pm
Entry for the CTC Ron Kitchin rides is possible on the day (this Sat) from 07.40 at the CTC Rally itself, and information is is on the web:

Edited by MarkA

Url:

http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3690

Email:

challengerides@ctc.org.uk

You can also e-mail matt.mallinder@ctc.org.uk for an entry form. These are fundraising rides for CTC, min entry £15 or £12.50 if you're a member.
The 160k start is at 8am, and does Farndale, 'Blakey' as well as Rosedale with that chimney.
The 100k start is at 9am and skips the exitements, bit more like a typical Clifton Sunday clubrun to Hutton-le-Holewhatalotofsheepallovertheplace!
If you've not done the chimney you must, it's a hoot, especially as a spectator![/url]

by IanH Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:08 pm
I've entered the 150K which sets off at 8am, see you on the day.

by MarkA Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:20 am
Here's the plan:

We all meet up early - in time to sign on if necessary - for the 8am start

My suggestion is to sign up for the longer version unless you know for sure you have to be back early?

We all set off together at 8am

If at the split off point c 50km you are feeling confident go for it!

Otherwise head back with me on the shorter route.

I suspect we will find the controls / feeding points not quite ready on the shorter route because we will be an hour ahead of schedule but there are plenty of alternatives.

Looking forward to it - thanks to all for interest and support.

by Arthur Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:12 pm
ian hagyard wrote:I've entered the 150K which sets off at 8am, see you on the day.

Change of plan for me so I'll be doing the Ron Kitchen rides now. I'll be there at 8 for the 150