Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:52 pm
All club members are welcome to attend and voice their views and offer their support. The Cycle Heaven partnership proposal and grant funding application are particularly significant items for the entire membership.

AGENDA

Apologies
Minutes of last meeting
to approve
Varoius officers' reports
- president
- gen secretary
- membership secretary
- treasurer
- captain
- racing sec
- mtb sec
- clothing
- press and publicity
Road race update
"TdF Prologue" event 13 July
Family Day at Dalby 14 July

Cycle Heaven partnership proposal; main items to be finalised before firming up the proposal to be put to the members as a whole for their consideration with a view to ratification at the next OGM
- additional levels of discount will be available to those members most actively participating in the club, and we need to be happy that we can find a fair and workable method based on clear and objective criteria
- we have not closed the door on any other possible partnerships and we are expecting to have heard from another potential partner by Monday

Grant funding application

We are looking to get our share of the various funding deals around designed to support community-based sporting clubs, and hope to apply the funds to 3 main areas
1 to train members as coaches for the benefit of the broad membership of active cyclists
2 to fund specific coaching for talented riders
3 to buy equipment which would give members access to the tools to improve their riding and to try new aspects of cycling, eg an mtb, a time trial bike, a cyclo-x bike, and heart rate monitors.
We need to decide in more detail how each of these would work, and to devise a wish list of equipment and a system for storing it and lending it out.

Any other business

by Arthur Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:02 pm
3 to buy equipment which would give members access to the tools to improve their riding and to try new aspects of cycling, eg an mtb, a time trial bike, a cyclo-x bike, and heart rate monitors.

I won't be there on Monday (going to see Pirates) but I don't think buying bikes is a good idea: you'll only get a good idea of what a MTB/TT bike etc is like if it fits, and one bike isn't going to fit many people. Heart rate monitors are very cheap now so I wonder about that one as well. A quick search on wiggle shows one for 40 quid, and they've been in Aldi for a tenner.

What I do think is an excellent idea is getting people trained up as coaches. This is cheaper and will be useful to a large part of the membership. The more people we can get trained up, the better.