Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by stevesavage Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:48 am
30 riders signed on last night which I think is a record for this series. Thanks to everyone for riding. There is a really nice atmosphere at these events so if anyone is thinking about starting racing now is the time to join in.

Thanks to Nick, Mal, Mac, Ian and Bernard for assisiting on the night.

I'm handing over the baton to Mark for the next 2 weeks. He would be grateful for assistence. Let him know via this thread or call him on 621550.

by andymcg Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:45 am
Another great TT... just to be a pedant, I'm tempted to say the course was a bit longer than 12.5 miles... maybe 13. Just to get the average speeds up? :wink:

Travelling back to uni with the Clifton brigade was something else. Averaged faster than the TT itself, despite (or because of) a maniac pick-up truck driver and chavs...

by Arthur Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:09 pm
There's several varients of that course in the database. If anyone has a correct mileage for the course as currently run, I'll correct things.

by Arthur Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:15 pm
And to reply to my own post, my computer had it as 21.22km = 13.26 miles. Anyone else?

by stevesavage Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:44 pm
The first half mile is down hill so it doesn't count!

by PhilBixby Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:31 pm
I hit the "stop" button (on the computer; I think I hit it on my legs just after the first descent) about a quarter mile after the line and it's showing 13.4m, so I'd reckon Arthur's not far out. The onboard altimeter means I've got a profile for the course, if anyone wants a real armchair thrill!

by Arthur Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:15 am
Ok, course changed from 'Whenby-Stillington Shortened again' to 'Whenby-Stillington Shortened'. 13.1 miles. This makes it the same as various previous events so it's easier to compare times/speeds.