Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by MarkA Fri May 25, 2007 3:44 pm
I think congratulations are in order especially to the newer members who rode last night

A good atmosphere i thought and everyone seemed to enjoy it (in a weird masochistic sort of way)

Anyone teetering on the edge of riding one of these events should definitely take the plunge

I know we emphasise how low key these events are but the other thing that stood out to me last night was how anyone interested in taking it seriously could pick up a few tips just by watching some of the faster riders. As i pushed Charlie off i said that i thought i had just pushed off the winner - a model in preparation and smoothly up to speed.

Hint: a good way of watching if you dont want to ride is helping out - i think Steve is organising the next two and then its me - all volunteers welcome!

by Dave B Wed May 30, 2007 3:41 pm
I certainly enjoyed the event - didn't record a brilliant time but good to be competing all the same after a few years' break. Also agree that the atmosphere was good; nice to see some familiar faces again and equally glad to be a club member once more! Will be preoccupied with moving house & the new job for a couple of weeks, but hope to ride a few more Thursday events starting in mid/late June.

Dave B.