Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue May 22, 2007 11:38 am
There appears to be 8 of us signed up for this. There's still plenty of spare places if anyone else interested - see the Richmond CC website.

After the strong individual performances in the Etap du Dales last w/e maybe everyone's ready to do this as a clubrun..... If so I'd suggest the following itinery:

Get there in time to sign on for a 0900 start
One quick sit down cafe stop in Hawes
Pace it to get round in under 8 hours, which basically means averaging about 14mph on the road - maybe able to get round somewhat quicker - but see how it goes.

What do you all think?

Can't offer a lift as car full.

Looking foward the The Stang - not ridden it for about 10 years!

by Arthur Tue May 22, 2007 12:31 pm
I was aiming to ride it as a clubrun but I'm heading away on a course now so can't ride.

by mal Tue May 22, 2007 2:08 pm
I'd like to do it but I'm not sure I can make that amount of time available on Saturday. If I can be there it'll be a challenge for you to get me round and for me not to slow you down; if I can't I hope all goes well for you.

by like my bike Tue May 22, 2007 8:19 pm
Rob

I was trying for a 'gold' time so might start earlier than 9.00, altough if anyone whats a lift let me know.

A J

by Helen Tue May 22, 2007 10:05 pm
Rob,

I would like to come along but need to check how keen are you on keeping to schedule?This would be my first long ride since November and whilst I am happy I can do the ride I am not sure of my pace.

If anyone as a spare seat I would like a lift out

Helen

by Rob Wed May 23, 2007 7:34 am
Helen wrote:Rob,

I would like to come along but need to check how keen are you on keeping to schedule?This would be my first long ride since November and whilst I am happy I can do the ride I am not sure of my pace.

If anyone as a spare seat I would like a lift out

Helen

We'll stick together through thin and thin....
by Willy H Wed May 23, 2007 3:43 pm
Has anyone space for a Willy inside and a Wilier on the roof for ouit and back to Richmond on Saturday? Usual terms will apply.

by stevesavage Wed May 23, 2007 5:26 pm
Helen/Willy

I can give you a lift

by Helen Wed May 23, 2007 10:08 pm
Steve

Thats great
What time should I get to yours ?

Helen

by IanH Thu May 24, 2007 8:14 am
Decided to do the 100 also, So its still planned to be a 9am start at Richmond School for all who wish to do the club run together ?

by mal Thu May 24, 2007 8:48 am
I can get to this one now and will have to enter on the day as snail mail is probabaly too late - is the 9.00 am set off still definite? I can only access the forum up to Friday lunchtime so info before then will be much appreciated.
Mal

by Rob Thu May 24, 2007 10:08 am
mal wrote:I can get to this one now and will have to enter on the day as snail mail is probabaly too late - is the 9.00 am set off still definite? I can only access the forum up to Friday lunchtime so info before then will be much appreciated.
Mal

No howls of protest towards the proposed plan, so suggest we take it as definite. Let's work on an 0900 actual start, which means getting there before then to sign on and even earlier for anyone who's actually got to enter.....

See you in sunny Richmond

R

by Andy J Thu May 24, 2007 7:37 pm
I also will be there, will enter the 100 and see how I go. Is parking at the school itself or is there an event carpark close by.

Regards Andy

by Rob Thu May 24, 2007 9:01 pm
Andy J wrote:I also will be there, will enter the 100 and see how I go. Is parking at the school itself or is there an event carpark close by.

Regards Andy

Don't know about the parking.

Has anybody noticed the picture of our Kit (in both sences of the word) on their homepage?

by stevesavage Thu May 24, 2007 9:21 pm
I noticed that too Rob - maybe we should be getting royalties!

According to the rider info for the Premier Calender event on the following day which starts at the same place there is "extensive parking"

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... review.asp

I see Kit has entered - good luck!