Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by MarkA Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:31 pm
I think its just Gill and Jon down to ride along with me

Unfortunately it looks like i am going to have to dns for about only the second time ever :(

Anyway took a spin round course yesterday as was up in area

My start / finish was just off course (north of Burton Fleming)

Link to ride

http://app.strava.com/activities/59079708

A few notes may assist Gill and Jon

Start is uphill! By time i got to top was wondering whether if i got to ride on day might even by small ring job in order to keep powder dry for later. Guess depends what you have got on the back but would recommend going for a scout up this section before hand. Also through Grindale village which is a bit twisty. Take care on left turn to B road.

Once you are out onto road familiar from 10s up there you are laughing. Straight on through downtown Burton Fleming and Wold Newton.

Not so amusing is after left turn UP to Octon roundabout. Pace yourself it goes on a bit! Coming off roundabout the roads a bit rough and patched up.

After that probably depends on wind but suspect will enjoy run back. There is bit of lump coming out of Rudston which will make your legs hurt if not already. Once over that you will want to have left just a little bit in reserve to nail it through to finish just beyond cross roads (there is bit of "tail" on link where turned round in school car park)

Good luck. Basically nothing to worry about. Think about it as equivalent of 2 laps of Burton Fleming 10 circuit and you won't be far off :)