Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Mon May 21, 2007 9:29 am
Weather forecast 18 degrees, light winds... ...who's up for the Clifton squad and who's riding out? Race starts 7:30; set off from the chaingang start point at 5:45?

Broomwagon! No excuses this week, especially after what sounded like a pretty swift ride on Sunday!

by Arthur Mon May 21, 2007 9:33 am
If my legs have stopped aching...

by Iain M Mon May 21, 2007 12:33 pm
I'm down in Birmingham tomorrow and probably won't get back in time for the race. Good luck to everyone!!

by Andy J Mon May 21, 2007 4:46 pm
Im on marshalling duties tomorrow evening, I will be in my car so if anyone wants a lift back I can take one person. See you all there

by BroomWagon Mon May 21, 2007 8:05 pm
Arthur's excuse seems perfectly adequate for me to use too....

..oh very well, Mr Bixby, I will be at Wetherby Rd roundabout at 5.45, unless it's raining (not a very good excuse but it'll do).

by PhilBixby Mon May 21, 2007 9:56 pm
Good man, Broomwagon, good man...!

Andy - please can I bag that one-person space for the lift back? I've got a wobbly daughter to retrieve from her mum's so I could do with being back earlier than I would be if I rode back :?

by IanH Tue May 22, 2007 12:19 pm
See you all there, My legs never seem to stop aching since joining Clifton.

by PhilBixby Wed May 23, 2007 3:38 pm
Good Clifton presence last night; Ian Hagyard and I off in the second group, Arthur, Steve S and Broomwagon off in the third. The race all came together on the third of the four laps of the Aldborough circuit, with all of us up somewhere near the sharp end (but all, I think, outside the top ten finishers despite a magnificent one-man lead-out train in the shape of Steve).