Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by paulM Thu May 17, 2007 10:59 pm
We need volunteers to help run some of the remaining Evening events otherwise they simply won't be happening. Rob & Claire organised tonights and are also organising next weeks. Mark Antrobus is organising June 14th & 21st.
What organising means is setting out all the warning signs, ensuring there are enough marshalls prior to the event (2 / 3 per event), pushers off and timekeeper / clerk , signing riders on at the start, collecting signs at end. I will provide all the paperwork and information you need to do this.

I was going to do the 31st May and 7th June myself but won't be able to get down in time on the 31st due to work commitments. It also makes more sense to organise in blocks of 2 and keep hold of the equipment & signs.
Kevin Scully has said he is happy to timekeep any night except 31st May & 26th July so anyone volunteering for these two will have to organise this or do it themselves (instuctions on website). I've done it in the past - honestly its not that difficult.
It may also be possible to organise and ride - if you can put the signs out and the timing is taken care of. I used to do it this way every week.
The event on the 12th Jul will now be taking place on Fri 13th - details to be announced. Kevin can time this one and I can put the signs out so lets worry about the others - especially on 31st May & 7th June.
So I'll leave that one with you. If I get no volunteers this will be a very short series!
Any questions please ring - 750821

Thanks

Paul

by Rob Fri May 18, 2007 12:48 pm
Yep, fully support Paul's comments here.
The series is about having a go - and that goes for organising as well as riding. Nobody expects everything to be super-slick and there is no pressure.

by pdmdanny Fri May 18, 2007 12:54 pm
Paul,i am more than willing to come down and marshall for you next week if you are stuck for helpers.It will take me a couple of weeks to get over my puncture and the horrible dnf next to my name in the results :cry: Just let me know as soon as possible. cheers. Danny mills.

by stevesavage Fri May 18, 2007 6:34 pm
Paul

I'll organise these 2 events. Any volunteers to assist / push-off?

by Rob Fri May 18, 2007 6:38 pm
stevesavage wrote:Paul

I'll organise these 2 events. Any volunteers to assist / push-off?

8) :D 8)

by Rob Sun May 20, 2007 10:50 am
Just bumping this back to the top of the list.

We have a few people volunteer to do a bit of marshalling and we have organisers for the first 2 (me and Claire), then Stev's doing 2, Mark's doing 2, Paul's doing 2. That just leaves the last 4.

Come on guys, or there'll be lot's of :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

by Andy J Sun May 20, 2007 9:06 pm
Hi Steve,
I will assist you at the tt on the 31st. I will probably see you before then but if not mail me at andyjohno23@aol.com and let me know what you need me to do. I will organise the last two events of the series aswell.
Regards Andy

by Rob Mon May 21, 2007 10:03 am
Andy J wrote:Hi Steve,
I will assist you at the tt on the 31st. I will probably see you before then but if not mail me at andyjohno23@aol.com and let me know what you need me to do. I will organise the last two events of the series aswell.
Regards Andy

That's fair isn't it: Andy already has the RR to organise as well as Membership Sec. Let's notleave it all to the "usual suspects". :roll:

by PhilBixby Mon May 21, 2007 10:52 am
Hi Rob, you're suffering from multiple Andy J syndrome - this is Andy Johnson not Andy Johnston. Good man!

by nige gos Mon May 21, 2007 12:18 pm
at the moment i can definatley assisst ( marshall - push off ? )

on the 5th july, will look and see when else i can help as well.

by Rob Mon May 21, 2007 12:27 pm
PhilBixby wrote:Hi Rob, you're suffering from multiple Andy J syndrome - this is Andy Johnson not Andy Johnston. Good man!

:oops:

by Rob Tue May 22, 2007 8:40 am
pdmdanny wrote:Paul,i am more than willing to come down and marshall for you next week if you are stuck for helpers.It will take me a couple of weeks to get over my puncture and the horrible dnf next to my name in the results :cry: Just let me know as soon as possible. cheers. Danny mills.

Hi Danny,

Could you do some marshalling on Thursday then? Could you collect a yellow bib from the start at Sheriff Hutton Cross Roads and then go and cover the left turn at the top of Terrington Bank?

Much appreciated

Rob

by pdmdanny Tue May 22, 2007 11:23 am
yes no problem Rob ,i'll be there b4 7pm ok?

by Rob Tue May 22, 2007 11:31 am
pdmdanny wrote:yes no problem Rob ,i'll be there b4 7pm ok?

Tip top!

by Helen Tue May 22, 2007 10:12 pm
Steve
I can marshall on the 31st but can't get there till 7pm
Helen