Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by paulM Thu May 17, 2007 10:30 pm
Sheriff Hutton Bridge / Sutton on Forest / Strensall 10 mile circuit

weather fine, mild, calm & dry from where I was stood

1 Charlie Evans 23.21
2 Nigel Goscinski 23.29
3 Mat Shipley 24.39
4 Nick Butcher 24.47
5 Steve Savage 25.15
6 Andrew Jamieson 25.19
7eq Anthony Atkin 25.32
7eq Simon Smale 25.32
9 Brian Liddle 25.55
10 Ian Kent 25.57
11 Ian Holmes 26.01
12 Iain Milns 26.35
13eq Ian Hagyard 26.46
13eq Michael Carter 26.46
15 Pete Skelton 27.05
16 Andy Smith 28.28
17 Howard Dudley 28.29
18 Cath Musgrave 28.38
19 Arnie Pearson 28.46
20 Alan Waddilove 35.08
21 Danny Mills DNF Puncture

An impressive turnout from the promoting club.
Special mention to Alan for completing his first event at the age of 73!
Congrats also to Ian Kent for getting the better of Cycleworks former Yorkshire Road Champ Ian Holmes (despite getting stopped on the course) to win the fastest Ia(i)n competition!

Many Thanks to Rob & Claire for organising / timing, Bernard, Mac, Chris & Arthur without whom tonight wouldn't have happened.

Women of Clifton - Where are you?????????

by Arthur Fri May 18, 2007 9:02 am
Paul - can you email me a copy of that with people's clubs on then I can add it to the event database.

Cheers,

Arthur

by like my bike Fri May 18, 2007 12:45 pm
I like to new 'first' first name category it could catch on! Might change my name to something unusual.

A J

by Arthur Sat May 19, 2007 10:54 am
Results now in the database:

http://www.cliftoncc.org/qlg.php?lg_id=52

Watching people go round when marshalling was interesting. Ian Holmes wins my award for 'putting the most in' - the was pretty much beetroot red when he went past my corner!

by Helen Sat May 19, 2007 3:36 pm
"Women of Cliften where are you?"

Not able to get out in the evenings during term time.
I am not training but may be able to get out to 3 or 4 events in the holidays for a bash round to boost female participation.

Helen Scull

by paulM Sat May 19, 2007 10:39 pm
Arthur - theres something in what you say which is that peple with class still have to suffer and I'm sure Ian still remembers how to do that! But then perhaps class isn't the word, its about working hard and having a bit of ambition?
Having said that no one looked like they were just riding round when they passed me and this was reflected in the times. Well done everyone!

Helen thanks for your comments, and I understand you have comittments, We hope to see you having a go when you get the opportunity and embarrasing the rest of us!

by Rob Mon May 21, 2007 10:09 am
paulM wrote:Arthur - theres something in what you say which is that peple with class still have to suffer and I'm sure Ian still remembers how to do that! But then perhaps class isn't the word, its about working hard and having a bit of ambition?
Having said that no one looked like they were just riding round when they passed me and this was reflected in the times. Well done everyone!

Helen thanks for your comments, and I understand you have comittments, We hope to see you having a go when you get the opportunity and embarrasing the rest of us!

Kevin has that wonderfully descriptive phrase of riders who "can wring themselves out" - speaks volumes for what is required!