Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Wed May 16, 2007 6:24 pm
Dear Club Secretaries,

PLease find attached a poster detailing the race information.

I am writing to inform you of the Sportscover Road Race on Wednesday May 30th. The race starts at 7pm with sign on fom 6pm at the HQ (Kippax Welfare Club).

The 33 mile race over 7 laps of the Ledston Circuit is open to 2,3,4 cat riders.

Entry is £12.00 EOL £15
CHEQUES PAYABLE TO "SPORTSCOVER CYCLING TEAM"

We have around 20 places left in the race and if you or any of your club wish to ride they can send their entries to me:

Ashley Brown
Garth Lodge
Chapel Street
Hambleton
Selby
YO8 9JG

Regards

Ashley Brown

by PhilBixby Thu May 17, 2007 8:01 pm
Paul and I were saying just last night, as we stood freezing in the dark and soaked to the skin, how much we both enjoyed midweek evening races. So, I've sent an entry in :D Muzzaaaayyyy! Git yer entry in - 2nd cats allowed!!

PS:- Excellent ride by Matt last night at the Wakefield evening series opener, who got himself in a break of about seven halfway through the six laps and got fourth in the sprint. Muzzy was in the chasing bunch and deprived of a proper sprint by an oncoming car; I was, ahem, some way further back.

by paulM Thu May 17, 2007 9:51 pm
Yeah Phil I enjoyed myself so much last night that I will enter the Kippax race although it will depend on work whether I can actually ride?
Congrats to Matt for making a difficult night look easy.
With this Clifton are heading back up that hotly contested Regional points competition with five Clifton riders now in the points!

by paulM Tue May 29, 2007 8:08 pm
I don't know if anyone is planning to ride this tomorrow night? The organiser rang last night to say signing on closes at 1830 for a 1900 start - its the usual Ledston circuit & hq is Kippax Welfare Hall. Organiser had tried to e mail my start sheet but it didn't send, as has just returned from Irish Ras!
Phil I thought you might need this information - & I should be able to give you a lift back!

by PhilBixby Wed May 30, 2007 7:46 am
Thanks Paul - yes, the startsheet arrived (in fact I now have no fewer than four copies, bizzarrly) and I noted the signing-on time. After my ****s-up at Hull Thursday I don't intend a repeat!