Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Sun May 06, 2007 8:21 pm
I have volunteered to lead the MTB ride on the 19th in the dales area, and since the only route I know well is from Reeth, that's where it will be.

I know Reeth sounds a long way away, but it's quite quick in a car, by taking tha A1 to Catterick and then some fast roads over the firing ranges. I can give directions to anyone else driving and I can take up to 3 passengers.

The route I know is a figure 8 based on Reeth, with a longer gentler loop first taking in Gunnerside Gill and not too technical. Then a second short sharp one over Fremington Edge with a lovely descent to reward you for the push to the top. Even this I would rate as less technical than the Dalby red route.

Please join the thread if you are interested. We should be able to put together a route for the day which meets everyone's requirements.

I suggest we meet there at 10, which would have me leaving York at 8.30.

The full route is 35 miles and takes around 5 hours at a reasonably steady pace, including stops for food, photos and recovery.

It is 95% the one described here http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/Swaledale_round_route.html

So who's coming?

Nick

by Rob Tue May 08, 2007 7:41 am
Nick, count me in
R

by ChrisC Thu May 10, 2007 9:18 am
I will be there if my bike has been re built by then which it should be.

Chris

by Rob Wed May 16, 2007 12:25 pm
Good news is that we have a new recruit coming along, so that's 4. Anybody else?

Could we consolidate into 2 cars?
Suggest meeting in the car park of the garden centre on the A59 just after the outer ring road. 0830?

by NickScull Wed May 16, 2007 6:28 pm
Sounds like a plan.

Anyone who wants to go straight there, we will be aiming to be leaving Reeth green at 10.

Nick

by ChrisC Thu May 17, 2007 1:03 pm
Its touch and go for me because the bike shop is waiting for some brake parts which should be with them tomorrow allowing me to collect my bike after work.

by NickScull Fri May 18, 2007 6:44 pm
What's the score Chris? Bike fixed?