Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by G. Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 am
2013 is LEL year, and this year we've got two Cliftonites in the mix: Twiggy and Aidan Ogle have both signed up to ride. For those who don't know, LEL is the British equivalent of Paris-Brest-Paris: it runs every four years and riders have 116 hours to ride from London to Edinburgh and back – simples! See the website here.

This year has been really popular and is sold out with 1,000 riders. Here's where you come in: take a look at the route map and you'll see that LEL passes very near York; two of the control points are at Pocklington and Thirsk. We could do with some more volunteers to help run those checkpoints – marshalling riders, managing dorms of camp beds, possibly cooking and all the other things you can imagine. I volunteered at Thorne in 2009 and it was a really fun experience, my photos are here.

If you could support our two riders by volunteering, either for the duration or else just for a day or two, fill out the online volunteer form. If you want to stay near York, specify which control you'd like to help at, or get in touch with me if you have any more specific questions. Thanks!