Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Sun May 06, 2007 4:47 pm
Guys,

Myself and Claire are down to organise this one. We'll put all the signs out, deal with all the paper-work, lay out the field and do the timing and pushing off. We need two marshals though to cover the two junctions on the course. All you have to do is stand there with a yellow bib on and make sure all the riders get round without any melodrama. The Risk Assessment that has been submitted states that we will have these two marshals so without some help the event may not be able to take place.

So, how about it? Two volunteers needed. Full training given.

I'm afraid phrases like "I should be able to make it" don't help; we need to know for certain you'll be there. We need a commitment.

Cheers

Rob

by Rob Tue May 08, 2007 7:48 am
Team,

I usually try to remain up-beat about stuff on here, but 2 days, 22 views and no volunteers is stretching my imagination!

Which buttons can I press that will work for you?

How about guilt? We all get a lot out of the club and the club doesn't ask for a lot back. Don't leave it to the same old half a dozen people to do all the organising!

How about threats? If we don't get help the event can't happen!

How about logic? There're 12 events and, one way or another, everyone's going to have to muck in at some point, so get yours over early.

How about grovelling? Go on, I'll be your best mate!

Come on guys, don't let us down.....

Rob

by ChrisC Tue May 08, 2007 8:26 am
Rob

Ill marshall on the 17th,
what time do i need to be there for?

by Arthur Tue May 08, 2007 8:31 am
I'll do it as well.

by Rob Tue May 08, 2007 8:39 am
Thanks Guys,

The event is due to start at 7-30 prompt (sign on by 7-15). You'll need to get to the start to pick up your marshals jacket then ride out to your post. So, I'd suggest being at the start at the same time as the competitors (7.00-7.15).

Cheers again

R

by PhilBixby Sat May 12, 2007 11:28 am
I've done posters for the series and put them up at Cycle Heaven, Cycleworks, Bob Trotters and Up & Running. If anyone can put posters up in any of the other shops or likely locations around town (Haxby? CycleSense? etc) then please email me and I'll either shove a couple in the post or can email you a JPEG of the poster if you've got access to a colour printer.