Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Iain M Fri May 04, 2007 7:43 pm
I was wondering if I could some advice. I’ve had a CTT entry form returned for next weekend. Is there any point phoning round organisers of other CTT events (for next weekend), or will they have closed the events by now?

by Rob Fri May 04, 2007 10:21 pm
You're not going to get in a CTT event as the procedure for the organiser doesn't allow it. However you may get in a RR/audax/sportif....

We might allow you on the clubrun or touring/hostel w/e if you ask nicely! :wink:

R

by PhilBixby Sat May 05, 2007 7:43 am
Seems to be the week for it - I got my entry for Ferryhill Wheelers RR returned today as the event's been cancelled due to objections from the police. This is a real shame as it's a good circuit and a really enjoyable race, and also a bit worrying in respect of the stance the police have taken on safety - there's a copy of their letter at http://www.ferryhillwheelers.org.uk/PDF ... bulary.pdf - let's hope this doesn't become more widespread!

by Arthur Sat May 05, 2007 10:17 am
Phil - that's rather worrying. That looks like Durham are going to ask for a road closure for all races now, knowing full well that it won't happen.

by paulM Sat May 05, 2007 10:15 pm
I think the Ferryhill Wh event is/was the Durham areas only event?
My experience of the event last year was riders in a big bunch on narrow lanes and generally using most of the road especially on the climbs where they were across the whole road. I blame organisers - if they don't stick events on circuits that will split the field, this will happen.
But look on the bright side Phil you could ride the Summer Wine Race at Holmfirth the day before and the Wakekefield Evening event the following wednesday. Myself - I have the E123 Petes Race on Sunday as my only option. However I think I may save my £15 gift to the Elites - they will all be riding as there is no Premier calender event that day - another lost weekend.

by PhilBixby Sun May 06, 2007 8:24 am
It'll be the Barton Wheelers vets race on the Saturday, and then Wakefield on the Wednesday! But it's still worrying. I agree that the bunch tended to fill all available road on the quieter bits of that circuit but the motorcycle marshalls were pulling people out if they repeatedly used the wrong side of the more major roads - the organisers were trying to keep it safe. I just hope other forces don't follow suit...