Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Mon May 07, 2007 4:22 pm
We got there a bit early with a 5pm start last time - 5:15 tomorrow I reckon.

by Arthur Mon May 07, 2007 6:41 pm
5.15 - we got there too early last week.

by PhilBixby Tue May 08, 2007 9:21 pm
Quick report back from the second of the TLI events, this one on the Kirby Hill circuit. Iain M and Ian Hagyard went off in the first group, Andy J and I in the second group, Arthur and Anthony in the third group. A good-sized field on a windy but sunny and dry evening.

Our group hammered round pretty swiftly given the almost complete absence of organisation. Andy and I spent a lot of time on the front along with about three or four others and eventually the group split leaving a bunch of about ten of us. We stayed away from the faster groups and picked off all but three or four of the first group, so Andy's second in the sprint bagged him some points in the series. I cramped up on the last couple of miles and was 11th overall, cunningly ensuring I got exactly the same points as everyone behind me! 24 miles in 1hr 2mins, which felt hard given the wind and the lumpy circuit.

What was the view from the first and third groups, team?

by IanH Wed May 09, 2007 8:14 am
Well thats my first ever road race over with, went off in the first group, the pace was very brisk after a couple of laps there was about 6 of us who broke away at the front working together pretty well apart from the cramp in both calves when I just kept hanging in there until I recovered enough to go through again.

On the last lap it was down to 5 of us and still not being caught by the following groups, I just started to drop off the back after the hill to the rounderbout with about 3 miles to go I was swallowed up by the next group but still managed just under 1.04 which I was well pleased with.

by Arthur Wed May 09, 2007 8:50 am
Our group of six set of working well. We were caught on the third lap by two lads from the fast group who then took a few people out the back going up the hill before buggering off on the flat tailwind bit.

That left us back down to six, but a different six made up of some from the third group and some from the fourth. We then stayed together till the finish, where amazingly I'd didn't come 6th out of 6th. I came 5th :)

1.01 and 23.4mph.

by Andy J Wed May 09, 2007 10:10 pm
Was speaking to Jough Watson at a cyclocross race this evening, he rode in the scratch group this tuesday and claims around 13/14 riders were in that group, however 7 of them got caught up in a crash on the first roundabout. I think this may explain the fenshaw homes guy who tagged on to us on the second lap maybe.