Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:24 pm
Anyone who's doing the Sloan got room to give me a lift, please? (If not will probably track down a friend of a friend up on Tyneside with a floor to sleep on!)

Also, how rough is the circuit - the start sheet advises against using "light wheels". Should I be using the HED Stalingrad wheels that I found earlier this month?

by Arthur Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:28 am
The circuit is rough but it's not that bad - just use those wheels you normally use and it'll be fine.

by fatsprinter Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:31 pm
Not doing Sloan meself. Just withdrawn my entry. Off to do Het Volk Cyclosportif of 210km. Off to speak some Flemish. Leuk zeg!! Will try and get some Tom Boonen wrist bands and a Flemish flag. After the ride a Patatje Oorlog will be required along with some Hoge Gisting beer. Mmmm. Far better than doing the Sloan!!!

De tijd gaat snel, gebruik hem wel!
Schaarf!!

by PhilBixby Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:34 am
I've just pulled out too - travel arrangements were looking seriously complex - and have whacked in a late entry to the A1 Classic vets race at Boroughbridge. I can ride out to that and it was fun last year! Ah, the joys of being a senior citizen!