Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:22 pm
I'd like to go, but will need to scrounge a lift.

by Tullio Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:57 pm
PhilBixby wrote: - the odd burst at 600mph+ always impresses people

That'll be the Rego at work!

by MarkA Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:30 pm
Cheers Nestle Rob those stats make interesting reading

My guesstimate at the end of the ride was about 12 miles

And if it's only a few feet out i don't think thats too bad

Do GPS gadgets still get confused by trees etc?

Also i now know why i was out of breath - that's not a bad average speed given we stopped for puncture and there are about 10 gates

Shall we start a new thread for this weeks travel arrangements

by Rob@Nestle Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:55 pm
Hi Paul

I found my car eventually in a big hole, apparently the altimeter works to +/- 25ft accuracy. Although I do like the sound of +600mph!!

Mark, the GPS doesn't seem to get too confused in trees. It worked pretty well in Dalby when i was last there. There is a speed/distance sensor (and cadence) included with it, i just didn't see the point on a full sus as it mounts to the crank arm and chain stay.

Don't think I can make Wed this week :cry:

Rob

by PhilBixby Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:24 pm
"Do GPS gadgets still get confused by trees etc?"

The Garmin Edge does a bit, but generally it'll just autopause until it gets the signal back. If you have the speed/cadence sensor it doesn't autopause but will simply leave a gap where it knows you're moving but isn't sure where until it regains a signal! I only use it on the road as a glorified bike computer (useful for the data save'n'download capability) - I'm not sure how trees would affect the use for navigation.

by nige gos Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:39 pm
i'm hopeing to get out again this weds - is it 7 o'clock again ?

usual place ?