Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Tullio Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:16 am
This Saturday the Club heads to the Wolds to explore some hills and chalk tracks.

It’s an area I don’t know at all so it’ll be a learning curve but I have picked out some routes, if nobody with local knowledge turns up with something. I’ve suggested we meet in Fridaythorpe, which again I don’t know, but it’s got a church (SE 875 593) which seems a good place to meet.

As usual, meet at 9.30 for a 9.45 start.

Time, distance and difficulty will be decided by weather and riders.

It should be a good 'leg warmer' for those planning to ride the 3 Bridges on Sunday.

Hope to see you there.

by steph Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:26 am
I'd like to come but may need a lift if anyone has any room.
Steph

by Andy J Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:26 pm
Hi Paul,

Sorry but Im not going to be able to attend this weekend due to work commitments. Hope everyone has a good ride.

Regards Andy

by Tullio Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:55 pm
Steph, I'll give you a lift. I'll drop you a mail.

by Helen Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:35 pm
Hi Paul, Nick and I would like to get out on some of your rides.We can't make this one but when are you planning the next one? We will need to plan ahead to get out.
Thanks Helen

by Rob Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:28 pm
Paul's put one ride a month into the What's On calendar on the web site, plus there's a load of other MTB events listed. The whole year is mapped out for you to plan around!

Have fun!!!

by Tullio Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:43 pm
Helen,

The next one is planned for the Dales/Pately Bridge area on 19th May. I won't be there myself as I'm riding the Etape Du Dales the following day. However, I'm hoping one of the other regulars will wear the armband that day.

As Rob says, I try to keep the website up to date with what's going on. How about planning around the Dalby ride in June and bring the kids?

Paul

by Helen Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:11 am
Thanks Paul,
I have booked in the May date and I know Nick will happily plan a route if needed .
Dalby sounds good..We have 3 children - Heidi 9 and Harry 12 who rarely go of road and Alice 13 but she will insist on bringing horse not bike.If there any other happy hackers out there she would love a mounted companion.

It must be our antiquated operating system but I can't get access to the calander
Helen

by Helen Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:29 am
Yes it does.Thankyou Arthur
Helen