Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:24 pm
So, what have you all been up to?

I know Iain rode a big PB in a "10" at Hatfield Woodhouse yesterday - don't know the position though.... come on Iain, don't be shy!
Not sure there was much other racing?
There's some training ride reports on another thread but feel free to post more here?
How was the Sat social ride?
Good clubrun today - all those out wanted a big ride and were not interested in my original Hutton le Hole suggestion... So we pressed on down Rosedale Chimney, through the back of Rosedale Abbey, down Fryup Dale to the cafe in Castleton. Then back via Westerdale and round Cockayne loop. 117miles by the time I got home at 16mph. Those who rode in from East Yorkshire (Tony and Broomwagon) must have got 130+. Fantastic weather and great to make the most of it. I hesitate in describing the above - don't anybody get the impression that you have to ride these distances to come out with us - we have been splitting into 2 groups recently to accomodate everyone's aspirations; today was a little different. :oops:

by BroomWagon Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:53 pm
Tremendous views today and good company, makes me all the more bitter I can't make Sunday rides more of regular feature.

by Iain M Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:54 pm
On Saturday, I did the Rutland CC 10 on 010/1 (the Hatfield Woodhouse - Blaxton out-and-back near Doncaster). The weather was nice and warm with a westerly cross-wind. I did a 25:48 and was placed about two-thirds of the way down the list (excluding the DNS). According to the provisional results, the podium positions went to: Andrew Moore (21:42), Mark Wolstenholme (21:57), and Laurence Holmes (22:10). The event was well organised and well attended, and I look forward to riding it again next year :)

by PhilBixby Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:41 pm
Well done Iain - that's a serious jump in performance from last year - you must be pleased! :D

Really enjoyed the Saturday training ride. Good weather and a good group made it a brisk one. The "fast" group even *looked* fast in 100% club kit!

One new fella on the training ride and two on the social ride - how did that go?

by mal Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:08 am
Greetings sunday club run guys. I must have been holding you back - I got home with just about 110 miles on the clock at a tad under 15.5mph ... and very sunburnt ankles.

by Tullio Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:40 am
Well I took off with the family for some camping and MTBing in the lakes. We had 2 full days biking both in Grizedale Forest and some 'cross country' around the Coniston/Ambleside area. 3 days wall to wall sunshine and some great biking for adults and young alike and a yomp up Old Man of Coniston, with all in tow, for variety. Great weekend!

by Kit Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:24 am
I did the Tour of the Border Easter 4 day. Punctured out of the winning break on stage 1, finished 6th on stage 2, 5th on stage 3 and 2nd on stage 4. Overall I was 4th, won the KOM and together with Phil Axe, Phil Holwell and Ali Kay won the team prize. An incredibly strong polish rider - Marcin Bialoblocki - won three stages and the overall.
by Willy H Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:53 pm
My Easter weekend had me riding Good Friday from King's Cross into deepest South London (well Tooting actually) on a visit to the kids and grand kids.

And believe me, the racing habits of South London bikies is real scary, anarchist of the road, the lot of them. Imagine coming down Streatham Hill at full lick through green lights, and having you way taken by one of those never-stop-at-red heroes! Had me using Dutch expletatives never even knew existed!

Another favourite seems to be doing right turns at speed right in front of moving cars and buses. But at least by doing that trick is likely only to damage themselves.

So, if you feel you need to sharpen-up your road craft skills, or add some unusual thrills to your portfolio you now know where to go: join the London Bike Bombers for a ride!