Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by ClaireG Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:17 pm
Are we back to the 'usual' training loop for tomorrow's ride? Hope so.

Suggest we go for Gate Helmsley - Sand Hutton - Claxton - Howsham - Gally Gap - to pick up the Malton road, as it is much quiter than mixing with the Saturday morning drivers along the Buttercrambe road due to Stamford Bridge road diversion still being in place.

See you there!
Claire

by PhilBixby Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:13 pm
I'll be there, and happy to do the usual route with the suggested diversion.

by BroomWagon Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:34 pm
Great ride today, thanks fellas. Riding like that will bring my fitness up in no time. Teach me not to get too clever though, I did the route on my own last weekend and averaged 17.5mph which I thought was good because that was about the average we'd done as a group last time I was out on the Saturday. Today I reckon the average was about 20.5mph, (pretty good eh?) but as a result I could not take a turn at the front and was hardly hanging in where ever the road went up (someone's got to be the weakest) though I promise I will take a proper turn on the front next Saturday. Thanks for the push Paul and thanks for easing off at the top of Terrington guys - I'm grateful for that because then I knew I could restore a bit of my ego and be able to comfortably do the through and off from Sheriff Hutton to York.

by ClaireG Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:22 pm
A good & fast ride for the 'nth' training group too.

We split up predictably from Howsham as the road went up, but we regrouped at the Gally Gap junction to form a small select training groupetto behind the boy racers!

Kept together apart from on the steepest of climbs and then regrouped over the top. We av 17mph for the full loop, which is about my fastest for that one.

I for one certainly enjoyed having company, hope we can continue to get good 45mile training rides like that in!

Was good to see so many Clifton jerseys on the road today.