Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:15 pm
An extra plug for a Clifton event on Sunday 22nd!

It’s 100 miles long, pretty flat, local and yet on roads rarely travelled. You’ll also set off in an uncommonly large group and get a free tow for the first 20 miles. All in all it must be one of the best ways to complete your first century ride. Everyone that rode last year said they had a great time but I would particularly recommend the event to our newer members.

For more details see www.cliftoncc.org/static.php?content=three_bridges.
For an entry form go to http://www.aukweb.net/cal/index.htm

Hope to see you out there.
by Willy H Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:03 pm
Have I been silly signing-up for the 200km Wiggy Audax on Sunday next, having just done the 102km Audax job to Fountains Abbey (and very pleasant it was too), and also wanting to do 'our' 3 Bridges Audax ride the following weekend?

I know there are some more Cliftonites with long distance ambitions, so perhaps there'll be more for the 200km Wiggy job. Enter via www.aukweb.net

by BroomWagon Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:30 pm
I'm doing that too. And you're not at all being silly, having done 200km the week before you'll be really motoring on the three bridges. Of course you could be silly and do the 300km Wigginton Audax the week after.

by MarkA Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:13 pm
We seem to be getting on quite a roll

Thanks to Steve, Willie, Alan and Cath for their entries

Hows about we use this thread to keep track on who is planning to ride The Three Bridges on the 22nd!

by MarkA Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:20 pm
Entries received from Rob, Mac and Andy Smith

And a call from Bernard tonight who is hoping to ride if his current rate of progress continues

by Rob Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:19 pm
Am planning to form a 8) groupetto with the aim of getting back at 1700. That's 8 hours including a 2 cafe strategy which should be a nice pace for Kevin's Development Squad. But feel to plough your own furrow ahead if you want to ride for a "time".

by MarkA Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:26 pm
Keith and Andy Johnson gave me their forms tonight

by MarkA Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:18 pm
Kevin and Howard are the latest Clifton heroes

by Rob Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:04 pm
Just reiterate, leaving The Square at 0800 to ride out. Otherwise see you at the HQ.

by Rob Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:53 am
Just a reminder for those that are driving to the start that the bridge is closed at Stamford and the HQ is the other side.... Need to allow some time to drive around the diversion....

by Andy J Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:16 pm
Would just like to thank Mark for his hard work in organising this event, I rode it for the first time today and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Regards

Andy

by mal Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:44 am
Andy J wrote:Would just like to thank Mark for his hard work in organising this event, I rode it for the first time today and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Regards

Andy

... goes for me too - thanks Mark, and to your rather well organised logging in team at the end.

Mal