Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by menticknap Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:41 am
Malton Wheelers are organising a long ride on the 6th May Sunday at 9AM from Malton Station. The route will be taking in most of the Ryedale Rumble route and will be 115miles. We shall be stopping at Hutton-le Hole for cake and tea and try to complete within 7 1/2 hours.
If anyone is interested please turn up. This is ONLY a club ride, the word "Sportif" was not mensioned.

by BroomWagon Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:26 pm
Do we want to do this instead of our usual Sunday Club run Clifton? I've looked up the route on Bikely.com and it looks like they'll do that mother of a climb from Church houses over Blakey ridge and Rosedale chimney. It would be good training for me because I've got the Fred Whitton the week after. Suppose for those those wanting to ride from the square it would be an 8.00am start.

by Arthur Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:29 pm
erm - ride from the square to Malton, then do 115 miles and then ride back? Bit much for me!

by BroomWagon Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:40 pm
Hmmm...from the chap powering along fresh as a daisy after 130+miles into howling wind on the Tan Hill last year - methinks you protest too much. It'd be just your sort of thing and I think it only right you should allow that super new bike to stretch its wheels a bit. Those Malton wheeler lads are a bit useful too - wouldn't want me to be the only one to respresent Clifton.

by Arthur Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:39 am
It might have looked that way, but I was totally knackered for a week afterwards! Riding 150 miles+ on Sunday will have the same effect. Shame, as it looks a good ride.

by BroomWagon Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:22 am
Yep now you mention it, I don't know whether I should do it or not. 150 miles with some stonking hills the week before the Fred Whitton, may not be the best preparation - I should maybe take it easy that weekend?

See you tomorrow?

by Arthur Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:34 am
Personally I'd not do 150 miles before the Whitton!

I'm walking Saturday but will be out Sunday if you want a 4 hour ride instead.