Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by stevesavage Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:14 pm
There was a strong Clifton contingent at the April Fools Audax this Sunday consisting of Willy, Malcolm, Andy Smith, Andy J, Ian H, Arthur, Steve R and Steve S. Beautiful Spring weather, nice quiet lanes and cakes at the finish - perfect day!

What did everyone else get upto?

How was the Brid race?

by PhilBixby Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:01 pm
Couple of hours out practicing sprints. Come on Paul, how'd it go - we're on tenterhooks here...
by like my bike Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:05 am
4th CATS GO RIDE

1 Hamish Batchelor York Cycleworks Junior 0 0
2 Sebastian Batchelor York Cycleworks Junior 0 0
3 Daniel Birch Obricoaching Racing Team Over 23 0 0
4 Shane Leadley Whitby Endeavour Cycling Club Junior 0 0
5 Paul Ireland VC Long Eaton Over 23 0 0
6 John Sycamore Featherstone RC Over 23 0 0
7 Jason Hemsley Crosstrax Over 23 0 0
8 Andrew Moss Adept Precision Racing Team Over 23 0 0
9 Paul Hickman Malton Wheelers Road Club Over 23 0 0
10 Ian Mitchelson Over 23 0 0
11 John Askew Hull Thursday RC Over 23 0 0
12 Christopher Goodway Malton Wheelers Road Club Over 23 0 0
13 Matthew Enticknap Malton Wheelers Road Club Over 23 0 0
14 Adrian Dent Richmond Cycling Club Over 23 0 0
15 Anthony Atkin Clifton CC York Over 23 0 0

[b]Road & Track - EL/1/2/3 [/b]

Place Rider Club Age Cat Disc Cat Rank Pts Series Pts
1 Sam Webster Glendene CC / Bike Trax Junior 30 0
2 Kit Gilham Clifton CC York Over 23 25 0
3 Jamie Burgan Rutland CC Over 23 21 0
4 Nathan Wilson Cottingham Coureurs RT Under 23 17 0
5 Dieter Droger Wakefield CC - Exponential Over 23 14 0
6 Paul Bell Doncaster Whls CC Over 23 12 0
7 David Compston Bridlington Cycling Club Over 23 10 0
8 Scott Thwaites Crosstrax Junior

A J
by Willy H Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:25 am
Who says funny looking bikes can't get it up?

At the Audax yesterday there was one getting virtually up to CliftonCC peloton speeds, piloted by (another recipient) of free York City travel concessions!

It was an immaculate 20" wheeled racing Moulton, with all the right bits, and it was admired (almost) as much as Arthur's look=what-we-have-here new LOOK.

Good thing perhaps that Mark was not there: Moulton would have made good company for the Flying Gate!
by mal Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:47 am
stevesavage wrote: Beautiful Spring weather, nice quiet lanes and cakes at the finish - perfect day!

Can't argue with that but the tow back from Wiggington to Warthill by Steve was much needed and appreciated. Thanks all.

by Kit Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:14 pm
Bridlington road race - very windy, particularly the strong headwind all the way up the mile long drag to the finish.
The break that finally got away at just over half distance (after an earlier break, without me, had been unjustly stopped by the commissaire for crossing the white line) seemed promising but cooperation ceased with over a lap to go and we were caught before the final climb. Numerous small attacks failed on the run in to the finish, mainly due to the wind, and I managed to position myself well enough that I didn't hit the front until about 50m to go. I was always behind the winner, but held on for 2nd. More down to luck and positioning than sprinting prowess but pleasing nonetheless.

Don't know what happened to Paul and Matt, though Matt was showing some strength on the first few laps with several attacks.