Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:13 pm
Anyone up for a long ride on Good Friday? I'm thinking 90-100 miles, some hills and at a faster than club run pace as practice for those of us that are riding the Fred Whitton/Etape du Dales.

Steve S and BroomWagon were interested at the cafe today, so if anyone else would like to come along.....

by like my bike Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:44 pm
Love to be there, but I've got a patio to lay over the weekend!

A J

by BroomWagon Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:40 pm
Sorry Arthur, I can't do it either. I think my for better or worser will take justifiable umbrage if I bu**er off and leave her with the kids all day again especially when I've already a pass out for Saturday and Sunday. So I will be at the square 10.00am Saturday and 9.00am Sunday. Don't know what's planned for Sunday but if someone wants a 4 hour fast ride or a 100+mile cafe stop ride with some stonking climbs to make me suffer I'd be up for either.

by Arthur Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:52 pm
I'll will consult with t'other half and see if I can do the long ride Sunday instead.
by menticknap Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:41 am
Malton Wheelers are organising a long ride on the 6th May Sunday at 9AM from Malton Station. The route will be taking in most of the Ryedale Rumble route and will be 115miles. We shall be stopping at Hutton-le Hole for cake and tea and try to complete within 7 1/2 hours.
If anyone is interested please turn up. This is ONLY a club ride, the word "Sportif" was not mensioned.