Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Willy H Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:43 am
On cap'n Rob's suggestion we'll be joining a local 102 km Audax ride (highly suspiciously named: 'Fountains Monk'y-business!) this Sunday.

The start is 10am from Wigginton village hall, but I propose we ride out from Exhibition Square at 9.15.

Entry forms can be down-loaded from the Audax web site www.aukweb.net/ , then go to calendar, then go to april 1st Wigginton, then click on 'Entryform'

Usually signing-up on the day is OK, but let's do the decent thing and give the organisers an easier time.

These local Audax rides are good fun, we organise 2 ourselves, well, Mark does! Cafe(s) are hand-picked, you collect stamps on the way and get a pretty little certificate through the post later. Us Cliftonites stay together and don't need to tear around for a 'good time!'

Recommended, hope some of Kevin's Saturday brood will join too.

Willy

by BroomWagon Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:09 am
Great, I've got a free Sunday for a change so I will be along too - see you at the square. Things have been a bit hectic for me of late so I haven't had time to enter this in advance, so I will do it on the day.

by MarkA Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:47 am
I had said to Ian H that i would be there but tragically i can't make it
Shame as it looks like it will be fun
Pass on my apols

by mal Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:05 am
I'm too late for prepayment but hopefully will be there with cheque and entry form. Initial meet at the square at 9.15 still on in lieu of club run?