Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by stevesavage Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:04 pm
Fantastic result - well done Kit!

The club run consisting of Keith, Willy, Howard, Ian, Malcolm and myself enjoyed the Spring sunshine around Langdale End. Bernard turned back after a mishap just outside York - hope you're alright Bernard.

by Andy J Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:40 pm
Great result for Kit

MTB ride consisted of Paul, Andy S and myself, Andy guided us from Rosedale village over the tops into Bransdale and back through Farndale with an ascent up Blakey bank and a good drop down from Blakey ridge into Thorgill with a steady ride back along the valley.

by PhilBixby Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:48 am
Strewth! Well done Kit! That's a horrid circuit; that must have been quite some ride.

Less glory here in the old folks' department - did the Barton Wheelers Aussie Pursuit on Saturday. Eight laps of the perpetualy windswept triangle of roads up above the Humber, off in the last-but-one group with the oldest group having a nine-minute start on us. The group of about a dozen 45-49yo's worked well, got caught by the fastest of the youngsters on the third lap, and a combined group of about 15 of us ploughed through the stragglers from the earlier groups - but never caught the quickest of the older fellas. Two laps from the end I got dropped on the climb to the finish; Bridlington's Mel Blackford (who'd clearly had a good winter's training) broke away and *did* catch the oldies to win the race. I came in about a minute back. All good fun and good tea and cakes after - vets racing is *so* civilised!

by paulM Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:27 pm
I was one of 3 Clifton starters in the Harrogate Nova 25 over 2 laps of a BBridge/Dishforth/Sharrow/Ripon circuit. It was a cold & windy day and the two stretches up to Dishforth were just bloody murder. I didn't exactly worry any of the major contenders or many of the other competitors for that matter! A good ride by Charlie - 8th with a 1:01:21. I managed a 1:06:53 & Iain Milns 1:14:05. Victory went to Julian Rambo with 56:32. I'm reasonably pleased with my ride and I thought the course and event were excellant. However I don't think open 25's are a good first event - too much of a shock to the system. Plus most of the oposition are on a training plan, a low-pro and have been turboing all winter! Still its a long season........

Despite barely been able to walk I took the Sunday "training ride" of Iain M, Matt S and briefly Andy S out via Strensall / Sutton on F / Coxwold and then up Wass Bank, round Rievaulx / Helmsley and then back via Harome /Castle Howard and over the A64 and in via Bossall. Almost 4 seasons in one day as quite cold in the morning (still snow up near suttton Bank) but much warmer coming back. Matt was patient enough to wait for us at the top of the hills!

Another great ride by Kit on a really tough circuit.

by MarkA Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:50 am
Hmmmm - 2 1/2 hours twiddling my fixed wheel pales into insignificance

Congratulations to Kit.

A great write up of the event and good photos.

Can we have the one of Kit crossing the finish line on the front page for a bit?

by Arthur Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:08 am
I'll ask if they mind if we use the photo.

Arthur

by Arthur Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:28 pm
Ok, use of photo is £5 - what do we reckon?

by PhilBixby Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:58 pm
Well we haven't spent a penny on the website up until now - I think we should go mad!

by like my bike Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:06 pm
Yep go for it

A J