Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:40 pm
Anytime you want. I'm on holiday! It'll have to be 5.45 for the first week I'd say then 6pm after that.

by PhilBixby Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:31 pm
5:45 it is then folks... ...who'll be there?

by paulM Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:36 pm
I hope to put in an appearance at some point next Tues - hopefully at Hessay otherwise at Spofforth. That is if we are sticking to the tried and tested route we've used for the last 13 years? I mentioned it to Ian Kent and he hopes to be at Acomb roundabout for 1745.

by Arthur Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:16 am
Let's not go there with the route again :) It worked fine last year. See you on Tuesday.

by PhilBixby Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:04 pm
Good ride last night; seven of us. Steady on way out, brisk on way back for average of 22mph. 6pm start next week.

Just floating an idea, responses welcome:- as the race season gets going I'm not going to be getting out on four-hour rides on non-racing Sundays but would appreciate a chance to work at the speed. Anyone interested in a Sunday morning chaingang - possibly do the crit-like circuit near Appleton Roebuck for a bit of variety from the Tuesday one?

by james Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:07 pm
Hi,

I'm new to the club and was wondering where exactly the chain gang meets?

Cheers
James

by stevesavage Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:58 pm
Hi James

Welcome to the club!

The CG meets at the Rufforth roundabout off the ring road i.e. where the B1224 crosses the A1237. There is a small turn-out a few metres up the road where we meet.

by Mike81 Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:46 am
Any chance I could join the chain gang this week? Am not a member but took part in the time trials last year.

Thanks

Mike

by stevesavage Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:17 am
Hi Mike

Everyone's welcome to join in the rides. If you like what we do and want to ride the Spocos again this year you are more than welcome to join the club.

by like my bike Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:27 pm
6pm start tonight ?

A J

by PhilBixby Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:48 pm
I'm assuming so - I'll be there

by PhilBixby Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:24 pm
Good one tonight, despite the stiff westerly. Average 22.1mph according to the little black box, with much of the return leg being done at about 30mph!

by Arthur Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:51 am
27.3mph average back from after the bridges. Tailwinds, gotta love 'em.

by Iain M Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:26 pm
I was wondering, do people think there would be any value in having separate A and B groups in the chain gang?

Like several others, I was dropped on Tuesday (although I managed to team up with Steve and Ian and had a good workout on the way back). However, at least one person rode back alone.

I don’t think the dropped people will necessarily coalesce into a second group automatically. Perhaps it’s best for people (training-wise) if they can stick with a group all the way round and keep a high work rate up?