Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:50 am
So what did you reckon then? What went well? What could have been better? Where would you like us to take it from here?

There was a chord struck about visualisation and we could arrange a further session on this?

Steve is already talking to John about getting Clifton riders access to the lactate and VO2 testing.

There is already planned a "Sports Nutrition" seminar in 2 weeks.

What do you think, anything else?

by like my bike Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:06 am
It was a good introduction session which has got people thinking! What they do and why and possible ways of improving their own performance.

For me I would like it to be a bit more specific on what we do.

Club Rides
TT
Road Racing
MTB

Maybe we should start a 'new' thread for the nutrition session to give John an idea of where we are in our understanding.

A J

by stevesavage Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:40 pm
If anyone missed the session last night and wants to know what we are talking about I have a few spare copies of a booklet John gave us.

by cath Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:54 am
A reminder from Rob (as he has no internet access at the moment) about Monday nights seminar on sports nutrition.

Seminar is at St Johns College again, 7pm in the Sports Science Building. There will be signs up in the building giving directions.
by Helen Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:24 am
Would you send me a brochure please Steve.
I would like to attend but cannot get there for 7pm What time does the session actually get going ?
Helen

by Rob Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:36 pm
Hey, I'm back on line. It's a bugger when you can't get connected for 2 days.

Anyway, the session starts at 1900 prompt, but it doesn't matter if you siddle in a little late Helen...

Not sure a pint afterwards is consistent with a Sports Nutrition seminar, but that's where I'll be heading! :D