Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:20 pm
Having done a vets race yesterday there was no way I was attempting the Wetwang "Spring" RR today but I rode over with the aim of taking some pics for the website and cheering on our brave boys. In the event it was so cold, wet and windy that I couldn't hold my camera and after a couple of laps spectating I was shaking so much I decided I had to get moving, so I headed for a brief warm-up at race HQ and then home. Apologies for dereliction of duty.

Paul was circulating happily (if that's the right word) in the front bunch - how'd ya do, Paul?

Simon Wright - who'd been delighted to abandon when Matt Lunn pulled alongside complaining he couldn't feel his brakes anymore, said they'd all been stood on the startline being pelted by snow while the BCF bloke got into his reading of the riot act, and had ridden off en masse when they couldn't take it any more!

Early season races eh... ...Yorkshire's own Hell of the North

by NickScull Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:03 pm
How was the vet's race, Phil?

Nick

by PhilBixby Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:26 pm
It was the Barton Wheelers aussie pursuit, off in reverse-order age groups. The 45-50's set off in the wake of Steve Marrows, who reduced our group down to four riders within half a lap, and two by half a lap later when two of us couldn't take it any more. It was only after the race that I found out he was 1st cat in BCF races and salvaged my lost dignity. We had high winds, rain, and a massive hailstorm, all of which blew all the groups apart and turned it into a TT for most people. Marrows ploughed through the field to win. I ploughed through about half of it. No other Cliftonites there - come on you lot, get some birthdays in!

Is spring weather always this crap, or is this year worse than usual? Any other good "spring race" stories?
by stevesavage Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:45 am
1 Nathan Wilson (Cottingham Coureurs RT)
2 Mark Saxton (Huddersfield RC)
3 Paul Musgrave (Clifton CC York)
4 Paul Jolliffe (Cottingham Coureurs RT)
5 Stephen Jefferson (Crosstrax)
6 Andrew Chadwick (Doncaster Whls CC)
7 Christopher Sproston (Featherstone RC)
8 Kyle Byers (Scunthorpe Polytechnic CC)
9 Christopher Burton (Hull Thursday RC)
10 Lee Cairns (Team Swift - Allsports)

by PhilBixby Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:38 am
An excellent ride Paul - it really did look grim out there!