Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:41 pm
:?:

by Tullio Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:07 pm
Well despite threats of some heavy showers and predictions around too much mud we had a great ride.

3 members, 1 new member (David) and Matt from Malton Wheelers met in Dalby Car Park in a light drizzle. We all set off together to use Andy's local knowledge for a cocktail of red and black routes. However, we decided to split the group into 2 just before Dixon's Hollow; 1 taking in the full route and I led David round a mixture of Red Route and other trails and we all met up again to compare notes back in the Cafe at lunchtime.

Rain gave way to blue sky about 11am and the highlight was the masterclass given by Matt who rode the whole lot on his Cyclo Cross Bike (no suspension and a 39/25 low gear!)

The new red route is nearing completion and is great all weather riding. David and I even managed to find our way onto an open but, as yet, unfinished piece just above the Cafe...it simply stopped dead in the middle of the forest after 1/2 mile with no warning!

Look forward to more fun on the Moors in March.

by menticknap Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:40 pm
I really enjoyed myself on Saturday, the weather turned out to be ideal.
I think I showed you a thing or two about riding a cross bike, I even surprised myself with the drop offs I was riding. I wanted to find out what the bikes (and myself) limits were.
I hope to do this again sometime and I will try and get some of our "stiff back" roadies on a mountain bike.
See you soon,
Matthew Enticknap - maltonwheelersrc.co.uk

by Rob@Nestle Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:40 pm
Sorry we missed you on Saturday, me and Mrs Rob@Nestle arrived a bit late so rode round on our own.

Let me know if you plan any further MTB trips