Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by BroomWagon Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:58 pm
Two questions:

1) Anyone know where one gets those clip on map holders that are commonly seen on Audax bikes?

2) Has anyone done any racing in France, don't suppose you can turn up with a BC licence and ride?

Thanks

by PhilBixby Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:29 pm
There have been some threads about racing in France on the Veloriders forum I'm sure - take a look at www.veloriders.co.uk and search the archives.

by Paul B Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:19 am
Think you need to be a member of a French club to race over there, which might become a bit complicated if you're going for a short time. Easiest place to race abroad is Belgium where you can simply turn up with your BC license. Paul West at BC is the man to answer all your questions about racing abroad.

by MarkA Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:33 am
I think Nigel has got a map holder hanging on the centre pillar

by BroomWagon Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:25 pm
Thanks for the advice, guys.

Looks like racing in France may be a bit too much hassle. I might confine myself to just riding to the nearest cycle shop and finding out where the nearest club run is. Might answer a question I've always wondered about; we ride at evens, as they're in Kmh what speed do they ride at?

by PhilBixby Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:53 pm
A pretty quick one, according to an article about this very subject in the most recent CTC mag