Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:36 am
What was everyone upto? How did it go?

Sunday Clubrun-wise; I suggested we make the most of the "spring" sunshine and we went round Bransdale (sort of a compromise between Hutton le Hole and Castleton). Fantastic ride.

by MarkA Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:58 am
Paul and Cath spotted me on the way home so can't claim not to be getting out - but it was for only an hour or so honest

Is anyone going to the pub tonight - say just after 9?

I received this years Audax handbook on Sat so could bring along with hard copy Calendar if anyone interested

Got a few mags etc to pass on too

by Rob Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:18 pm
Sounds like business to discuss - I'll be there!

by PhilBixby Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:03 pm
About a dozen out on the training ride on Saturday, plus about the same again went on the Tony ride. Our lot split up on Galley Gap, and Matt towed a bunch of six of us round at a brisk pace. How'd the rest of you do?

Worked yesterday. Will seeya at the pub for a quickie this evening.

by mal Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:41 pm
It was indeed a great ride in Sunday and other than the reliability it was the second fastest club run I've ever done with you guys since I became a "regular" back in November. Many thanks for all that time you spent waiting for me - yet again!
Mal C

by BroomWagon Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Managed to get round with Phil's group on the Saturday ride, which was nice. Was it a bit slower than usual? Sorry for sucking wheels all the way round but whenever we went over a rise I was thinking, I'm ok now but I'll be dropped on the next one. Perhaps it would have been different if we'd gone through Terrington but the result was that by the time we got to Strensall, I felt I'd not spent as much time outside my comfort zone as I should. Must try harder next week.

by PhilBixby Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:26 pm
Not sure if it was slower or not as I usually pilot the "slow" group round - it was my first Saturday up front. Average was a gnat's w*nkie under 18.5mph, which didn't feel like hanging around (in fact have just checked my copious records - it was quicker than any of last winter's Saturday rides by a fair way).

Whether you thought you were about to get dropped or not, you didn't - so, maybe you just need your confidence to catch up with your legs!