Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by SteveWood Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:13 am
Just a quick question, im currently running campag daytona rear hub with a 9 speed campag free hub body. If I was thinking of changing the groupset to 10 speed ultegra, is it just a matter of taking the campag free hub body off and installing a 10 speed shimano ultegra/105 one + shimano cassette ? Or is it not that simple.

by PhilBixby Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:37 pm
What sort of wheels?

by SteveWood Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:19 pm
I have a pair of mavic open pro rims on daytona hubs.

by Andy J Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:26 pm
Hi Steve,
Since your running campag hubs you would have to swap these for different hubs that are shimano compatable if you wanted to run the ultegra cassette. Problem being that the splines the cassette locates onto are different beween the two manufactures. It maybe worth checking out other cassette manufacturers such as mavic and sram, it maybe that one of these may produce a 10 speed cassette that would fit your daytona hub with the correct spacing between the individual sprockets to enable it to work ok with the ultegra shifters. Just a thought but Chain Reaction Cycles have ultegra wheelsets on offer at £169.These are shown on page 2/3 of this weeks comic.
Hope my rambling may be of some help to you.
Regards Andy

by SteveWood Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:58 pm
Cheers for the info.

Steve.