Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:16 pm
The weather forecast is for it to be pretty wet. However, just to confirm that I'll definitely be there for the ride. If it's apocolyptic out there I reserve the right to cut it short, but at the moment I'm planning on a normal ride to Thornton le Dale....

by PhilBixby Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:47 pm
Today's training ride was "character-building" but after the first half-hour we got less aware of the driving sleet-like rain and flooded roads. The countryside looked mean and moody in a way it rarely has, during this largely benign winter. Get out there, ya softies! :lol:

by Rob Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:18 pm
Today's lesson was: "don't let a weather forecast put you off!"
Turned out to be a great day with no rain at all and the 6 riders in the Square had an admirable time.
by mal Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:01 am
Sorry I had to drop out - Thornton Dale was the very first club run I went on with Clifton. Glad you had a good day. Malc

by Arthur Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:45 am
When I went out from 2-4.30pm the weather was absolutely lovely :)

by paulM Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:42 pm
Likewise the "training Ride" consisting of yours truly had a mild and calm ride of 4 hours over the wolds - and the weather wasn't bad either. However the sore throat I had yesterday has now developed into full - blown mancold so perhaps I should have stayed in bed yesterday also?

by Rob Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:29 pm
My front hub started creaking and grinding somewhere near Stainton. 30 miles later is was rattling and banging like a good 'un. Took it apart today to find that it had eaten itself; the cones were ground away, the balls had gone and the axel assembly was running directly against the hub body - must have been rather hot! I thought it was tough going :shock: