Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by like my bike Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:11 pm
Anyone riding from Stamford Bridge area, I'll be in Swordmans Car Park at 8.15 am to ride to Square.

A J

by stevesavage Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:42 pm
What a good Reliability Ride on Sunday. Nearly 60 riders at the Square and the weather was a perfect winters day. The pace seemed very steady but an average speed of 19mph isn't bad considering all those hills.
Anyone got any tales to tell?

Finally thanks to Cath and Paul for organising all the paperwork.

by Rob Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:03 pm
Starting at the back we swept up a few riders and finished in just a bit over 4 hours. Fabulous day - did anyone look to the right on the climb out of Ampleforth? What a view!

by Arthur Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:42 pm
Sadly I didn't make it. Kath had been to a hen night the night before, and really wasn't very well...... :(

by mal Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:02 am
Rob - couldn't be at all grumpy about that ride. Started at the front and got shelled out (expected), didn't get swept up (unexpected), got round in under 4 hours (good for me), Ampleforth view was excellent, equally good was the top of Birdsall. Anybody got any tips on how I can get up those hills better?

by like my bike Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:50 pm
Mal - There's no secret ride more hills!

A J

by BroomWagon Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:37 pm
Enjoyable ride as ever. Managed to achieve my first target for this year which was to beat my last two year's average speed for the reliability. Did that easily thanks to Ian for letting me sit on his back wheel from Malton and waiting on Birdsall. Can't say I noticed the view at Ampleforth, all I can remember at that point was my heart felt like it was exploding.

As for getting better at hills by riding them, that's all I seem to do but I never get any better :lol:

by Rob Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:44 pm
Don't listen to Mal's self-depreciation - he appears pretty useful in the hills to me.....