Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

AGM

by Rob Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:18 pm
Please come along to the AGM on Monday evening, 29th January, in room N/003, Langwith College at the Uni. 1930 start. The room is apparently across the car park from Langwith porter's lodge. The meeting is really important; we need to make sure the committee are doing the right stuff and that all the important jobs are covered. There'll be an update on the sponsorship situation. Retire for beer afterwards.

I put the above in the update, but wanted to add that ALL are welcome. Whether you've been in the club for 20 hours or 20 years. It's SO important to get a good turn-out that I'd like to think that you all feel a deep sense of duty to attend!

I promise that its not like a Dibley Parish Council meeting (!) and nobody will be bullied into taking on any responsibility :D

If you don't know where the room is, then meet under the bridge on University Road just before 7-30.

by like my bike Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:50 pm
Rob, count me in. I'll be at the bridge from 7.15 see you all there.
Anybody from Stamford Bridge or Pocklington want a lift drop me an email.

Andy

A J

by PhilBixby Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:42 pm
Can I just add a plea to everyone who's thinking "nahhh... I've only just joined / not got the time / I'm not a committee person / whatever" to please come along. This club offers members lots of rides, events and other activities because some of the members work together to put it all on. It only works if lots of people chip in and help, however much or little time they have available. And everything only gets beyond the ideas stage because the members decide what's a good idea and what's not.

Outsiders to the club occasionally ask me "who runs Clifton, then?" - the answer is all of us! Turn up and be a real part of York's liveliest cycling club!

<Rant ends>

by Rob Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:18 am
Thanks to those that came along to the meeting - I thought it turned out to be one of our better sessions. Highlights:

Bernard took over as President/Chairman - thanks to Mac for the last 2 years. Don't let the power go to your head Bernard!
Andy Johnson volunteered to take on the new role of membership secretary, responsible for recruitment and inducting new members.
Paul Crane volunteered to be MTB Leader and will pulling together a programme of mouth-wateringly muddy rides for the club this year.
Paul Muzzy is going to switch the Thursday TT League from TLI to CTT as the TLI have insurance issues at the moment.
Andy J and Steve Savage will continue to pursue the "best" sponsorship arrangement we can get.
Andy Smith is working on a plan for other external funding for the club.
Subs will go up to £15 (£5 unwaged, £22 family) after 30.3.07, so get your subs in now!