Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Was stuck in a meeting in Huddersfield all day but the weather looked bad out of the train window en route this morning. How'd it go??

by Rob Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:47 pm
And how about the other rides as well, including you mud-pluggers up at Dalby?

by stevesavage Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:30 pm
As I rode to the square I was pelted by hail stones and it looked really grim. But as the training ride set off the sun came out and the rest of the ride was bright and breezy.

by BroomWagon Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:14 pm
You were missed Phil. There was only one large group today though I think it was a bit steadier than the last two weeks as I was comfortable in the group (or maybe I'm starting to go a bit better).

Guess what another puncture :evil: (though fortunately when nearly home this time) - thats five in four rides, I think I'll go back to the Vittorias.

by steph Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:44 am
Happy to report a fantastic day mud-plugging - seven of us out, we split into two groups then met up again with a few miles to go for the final slippy slide back to the cafe. Several of us came back with more skills than we went out with and not a few silent screams were heard :P (I have a picture to prove it)

Cheers Arthur for organising and thanks everyone for a fab ride in good company.

Next one towards the end of february either in the wolds or on the moors. Details to follow.