Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by pinfoldst Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:38 pm
Hello

Hmm where do I start! I have had a bike for around 6 years, and have just started using it again!! I guess new year and all that, I decided to get back out there for fitness mainly as I need to lose weight.

I would like to go out with a group but have no clue where to start, then I stumbled on your site. I live out of York but can travel in quite easily but am look for a complete beginners group as I am not sure I can keep up with you jonny experts ;) I live in virtually completely flat area so hills are going to 'interesting' but can avg 12-14mph

I have read through most of the site, and am not sure I would be suitable for your group if not could you point me in another direction?

Regards
Tom

by Arthur Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:42 pm
You'll be fine! Have a read of our "Getting Started" page:

http://www.cliftoncc.org/static.php?con ... ng_started

The ideal place for you to start would be to come along on a Saturday morning ride. Meet 10am at Exhibition Square and ask for Kevin. That's a social ride that you should be able to handle, and then you can see how it goes from there.

Cheers,

Arthur