Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:18 pm
Good ride today - the wind at Dacre Bank was quite something! I feel very "exfoliated" ("I'm worth it", apparently)

Malc - sorry to lose you just before Pannel - went hunting but to no avail - I hate misplacing riders! I guessed you knew your way home from there - all OK?

by paulM Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:20 pm
Myself, Andy S, Iain M & Hans headed off to Otley on the non stop ride via Askham Bryan - Catterton - Tad - Bramham - Rigton - Bardsey - East Keswick - Harewood - Poole and back a more conventional route through Weeton, Sicklinghall, Wetherby & Wighill - 70 miles or so in 4 hrs - hardest stretch was from Harewood into that wind but at least a tail wind back.

by mal Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:25 am
Rob

Thanks for concern. I felt V ill, V suddenly on that little climb out of Birstwith and had to stop, by the time I got to top you were all long gone. Lesson to be learned - don't eat the "Mars Crispies" at Darley: I'm still suffering the after effects today.

PS I knew the tailwind was strong but Pannal! - God you must have been motoring.

Malc

by Rob Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:23 pm
'Eck, really sorry about that Mal - just didn't spot you were missing.

Lesson learned - make sure I can count to 8.....

Hope to see you next week - we're going East so can drop you back off in Stamford Br on return leg.

R