Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:22 pm
Received from the organisers:-

THE CHEVIN CYCLES T.L.I. ROAD RACE SERIES.

WE NOW HAVE A SPONSOR, CHEVIN CYCLES OF OTLEY, WHO WILL PROVIDE PRIZES TO THE FIRST 3 PLACED RIDERS PER RACE AND THE OVERALL PRIZE WINNERS.

THE FIRST RACE IS ON TUESDAY 24TH APRIL AT 7PM, H.Q. THE CORONATION HALL, LANGTHORPE, BOROUGHBRIDGE.
THERE WILL BE ONE SERIES THIS YEAR, OF 8 RACES. 5 RACES WILL COUNT FOR POINTS PLUS ONE COMPULSORY MARSHALLING DUTY.

THE RACES WILL BE RUN ON A 2 WEEKLY BASIS WITH THE FIRST 2 RACES STARTING AT 7PM AND THE FOLLOWING 6 RACES STARTING AT 7-30PM.

IT WILL BE £40 FOR THE SERIES FOR T.L.I. MEMBERS. NON MEMBERS WELCOME AND SIGN ON THE LINE ACCEPTABLE.

FOR MORE DETAILS SEE T.L.I. HANDBOOK, OR CONTACT;

ORGANISER. CLIFF BELDON 07949 350171 HOME. 01757 241711

RACE SECRETARY. BRENDA BELDON. HOME. 01757 241711

31, WOODLANDS VIEW,
BARLBY,
SELBY.
NORTH YORKSHIRE
YO8 5XL
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AGAIN THIS YEAR, AND BRING ALONG YOUR TEAM MATES.

As they're on Tuesday evenings they provide an alternative to the chaingang. It's been said many times before on here, but they provide an excellent way into Road Racing for newcomers, and as they're handicapped they still provide a challenge for more experienced racers. It would be good to have a major Clifton presence there, and there will always be a few of us riding out from York.

Entering in advance is a help both to you and the organisers - they know the numbers to expect and you don't have to faff around filling in forms before each race. Entry form via TLI website.

Who's doing 'em then?

by Arthur Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:08 pm
I'll be sending an entry in the post tomorrow (and getting round to renewing my TLI membership!)

by ChrisC Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:44 am
I think I will have a crack at this

by like my bike Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:04 am
TLI website???

A J

by PhilBixby Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:18 am
http://www.theleagueinternational.com/index.htm - membership form and standard entry form are both there. TLI membership of course sorts you out both for Boroughbridge and for the Clifton Thursday evening TT series.

by PhilBixby Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:48 am
I know! I was going to ramble on about right-click, copy, paste into image software etc but I thought people would have fun working it out for themselves....

by PhilBixby Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:00 pm
Cheques payable to Cliff Beldon, by the way...