Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by paulM Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:52 pm
The forecast is pretty grim but I'm off this week - anyone up for a 3 hr ride Thursday morning? If so see you at the square 0900? Please reply if you intend to be there otherwise I'll head out from home - alone.

by like my bike Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:10 pm
Paul

Can do but have school run first, so can meet 9.30 square or meet Upper Helmsley 9.30 & head out to Wolds.

A J

by stevesavage Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:12 pm
I'll be out but can't make it until after 12 - if that is any good for anyone?
Looks like a wet and windy one!

by like my bike Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:46 pm
Apologies can't do morning!

A J

by paulM Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:52 pm
Thanks guys but my window of opportunity is in the morning and the weather website I'm looking at tells me I might stay dry for the first hour. I'll be out Sunday for 3 - 4hrs non stop but not Saturday so see you then.

by Rob Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:07 pm
Hey Paul, did you get out?
Was thinking of you as the wind howled around the garden this morning - character building!

R

by stevesavage Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:03 pm
It wasn't as bad today as it was yesterday but I didn't so much steer the bike as tack it into the wind. Could have done with Willy's nautical expertise. Had to do a bit of cyclocross across a couple of fields to get around a flood. Still it was fun to watch the BMW X3 driver discover his car isn't really a proper 4x4. I think the temperature was higher than my average speed!

by Rob Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:28 pm
Yes, I was out there for a couple of hours. Once going it wasn't as bad as it sounded, although riding along the ridge above Hanging Grimston it was hard to breath - something to do with the venturi effect pulling the air out of your mouth?

by paulM Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:52 pm
I managed a walk to the chemist to buy cold cures - both me & Cath have been suffering a bit over the last few days & we both had a bad night on Wed so in the end I was glad noone had committed themselves to an early ride. Whats worse is I'd taken the week off work to get a couple of rides in - have managed a few jobs round the house however. Still hoping to be out over the weekend - Sunday if not Saturday.