Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:53 am
Anyone for MTB'ing this month. Maybe Sat 20th in Dalby? I'm suggesting Dalby again as it's pretty much all weather, and we all enjoyed it last time.

by steph Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:23 pm
Hi Arthur, good call. That's the only weekend I can do in Jan -- I'm keen but will probably need a lift.

by NickScull Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:08 pm
I'm up for it. Still sore about having to miss the last one so really looking forward to it now.

I can give a lift or two.

I am hoping for a fairly late start, but I'll go with the flow.

Nick

by Arthur Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:51 pm
Leave York 10am again? Works for me.

by Arthur Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:56 am
Nick - can you take Steph and myself then? Anyone else that wants to come along will have to provide transport :)

by PaulB Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:02 am
Hi I'm pretty new to York and new to MTB. Just got myself a bike and looking to get out and enjoy it. Would the trip on th 20th be suitable for a fairly fit newcomer? I have no problems with transport.

by Arthur Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:23 am
Absolutely ideal. It's a social/fun ride nothing serious so it doesn't matter what level you are at. Anyway, you haven't seen my descending yet - mincing is probably the best word.

by PaulB Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:30 am
Where exactly is it? Or is it better to meet in York and go by convoy?

by Arthur Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:36 am
Might as well meet in York. How about meeting at the bottom of Stockton Lane at 10am?

by PaulB Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:05 pm
I will see you there, I have a blue Volvo estate.

by Arthur Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:28 pm
Paul - can you fit another bike + rider in your car? My friend Steve would like to come along as well.

Cheers,

Arthur
by Andy J Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:11 pm
Hi Guys,
Im interrested in goin to Dalby, just been there night riding tonight, such fun in the dark. I might have room for an extra body in my car, if anyone needs a lift then either post or email me on andyjohno23@aol.com by the way approximately how long are you planning on riding for
Last edited by Andy J on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Arthur Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:58 am
Don't know - see how it goes. Probably do the red route again, so a few hours.

by NickScull Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:05 pm
Hi guys

Like I said, happy to take one or two, but I was wndering whether someone who knows the way could go with PaulB to save me treking across town to Stockton Lane rather than going direct from here?

Give me some names and I can send directions if they don't know where I live.

Cheers

Nick

by Arthur Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Steph - can you go with Paul B then and Steve and I will go with Nick? That ok with everyone?