Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:19 pm
Will however had a word with the man above about the weather today please keep it up? Lovely weather for a ride, and it's lashing it down now while I'm warm and dry :)

by Rob Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:32 pm
Absolutely. The "witch wind" was nice to - tail wind southerly all the way to Masham which then swung to the west to help us in the last miles home. 80 miles and back in York, dry, for 2-30 for our group of 7, how did the rest of you get on?

by paulM Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:09 pm
Myself, Hans & Steve rode out to Ripon via Helperby, Wath & Hutton Conyers & back via Bishop Monkton, Boroughbrige & Aldwark Bridge. Met VC York at Beningborough and rode out so far with them and peeled off for Rainton. Ride back a bit of a grind but 65 miles or so in three & a half hrs so not to shabby - a few more bodies to share the load wouldn't go a miss though.

by PhilBixby Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:40 pm
I'd tell you how far Arthur, Iain and I went and how long it took but Rob might be horrid to me :wink:
by mal Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:04 am
I couldn't get away from York until 10.15, missed you guys at Masham cafe by about 15 minutes apparently, wasn't aware of any benevolent breezes on the way home and got caught in the rain from Ferrensby onwards - so not the best of days. I'll try to be on time next week.