Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:41 pm
Today's Saturday training ride (6th Jan) - how was it for you?

by SteveWood Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:49 pm
Another good ride again today, good bit of through and off, just right pace for this moment in time.

How was the fast group ride - anyone?

by MikeG Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:36 pm
Don't know about the fast group, but I enjoyed the last 14 miles in the broomwagon! I'm not sure if it was the mince pies or my supposedly breathable waterproof not doing so which made my jersey underneath weigh about a stone with all the moisture. This definetly didn't help when things turned upwards :shock:

Ok ok, it was probably the pies and festive excess! Looks like the Jaques Anquetil training diet doesn't work so well for me :(

by ClaireG Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:26 pm
Eating massive quantities never seems to have done Muzzy any harm??!!

The real broomwagon rallied into York with an av 15.7mph for the route.
Bob waited up for Julia & I and we enjoyed a good training ride.

I was going to say the legs certainly felt it this evening, but after 2 glasses of wine, they feel remarkedly relaxed!!

Well done to Paul, Arthur, Phil & Kevin for organising us all into the right groups! There was a good atmosphere in the square with so many riders and it needed Arthur to just give a quick prompt for everyone to be 'herded' appropriately!

Will be there next week.

by stevesavage Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:39 pm
I thought it worked well today. The first group averaged about 18-19mph.
I'm sure it will take a few weeks before everyone finds the right group for them but it was a good start. And thanks to Arthur for the announcement.

by PhilBixby Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:14 am
Nice to see that it seems to be working despite the varied needs. The second group averaged 17.5 (including the pootling through town on the way back) and we basically worked at trying to keep it steady - not too quick up the hills but not freewheeling on the down bits either. My newly-acquired geekery tells me about two-thirds of the time was in HR zones 1 & 2 and the rest in 3 & 4, average just under 75% MaxHR. I really should get out more...

by Rob Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:35 pm
[quote="PhilBixby"]Nice to see that it seems to be working despite the varied needs. The second group averaged 17.5 (including the pootling through town on the way back) and we basically worked at trying to keep it steady - not too quick up the hills but not freewheeling on the down bits either. My newly-acquired geekery tells me about two-thirds of the time was in HR zones 1 & 2 and the rest in 3 & 4, average just under 75% MaxHR. I really should get out more...[/quote]

Hmmm, I don't somehow think it's new and I'd thoroughly recommend keeping it to yourself! :wink:
by IanH Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:41 pm
Thanks to Authur for the organisation I feel these are really a benefit to me as a fairly new member.