Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:06 pm
I'm afraid I can't post it out - clothing officer could easily turn into a full-time job! But I'm happy to sort out some convenient way of getting it to everybody. I can take it with me to races for those that race; for everyone else who's in York then I'll keep it at my place for a few days to give people the chance to pick it up in the evening, after that I'll label it up and pop it into Cycle Heaven for remaining people to pick up there. If none of these are do-able for someone then I'll try to sort out bringing it to the Saturday or Sunday rides.

by Arthur Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:55 pm
Don't throw away that 1995 kit! It'll have rarity value soon :)

by PhilBixby Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:47 pm
Okay folks, looks like a reliable sighting of the kit. Email from Dynamic:-

"I've been sent two tracking numbers by codisports, and delivery of kit will arrive on May 2nd to my home. I will need to check the orders (outside of my normal day job) and if all is ok, this will be sent to you via parcelforce 48hr."

Will email him back to suggest early departure from his day job that day so he can get it to me soonest. Will keep you all posted.

by Rob Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:06 pm
Old chinese proverb say; "light at end of tunnel may just be the headlight of an on-coming train" :wink:

by stevesavage Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:54 pm
I think we will need to postpone the photo for at least a week (or two)

by PhilBixby Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:39 pm
Thanks for that Rob, I was in danger of a positive moment there, but it's passed now! :cry:

I think you're right Steve. Make it a couple of weeks to be on the safe(r) side.

by Rob Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:26 am
Sorry Phil, keep at it!
R

by PhilBixby Wed May 03, 2006 3:16 pm
Thanks to the wonders of live online parcel tracking, I can now report that the kit is in Barking. It's nearly as exciting as the World Cup (but not the Giro..)

by PhilBixby Wed May 10, 2006 9:40 pm
Okay.. well after it got to Barking...

..I got a phone call from the supplier in this country saying it had arrived at his place and he'd send it out. THEN at the weekend I got a phonecall saying he'd checked it and the quantities were all wrong.

Since then there's been lots of to-ing and fro-ing (I got, I think, a dozen emails from him just today..) and to cut a very long story short it seems that:-

-All of the L/S Jerseys have been made in the slightly heavier Comfortex fabric instead of some of them being in the thinner DryClim fabric
-A couple of items of summer stuff are missing
-ALL of the winter stuff (jackets/tights/threequarters etc) are missing but MAY be in a consignment which is currently somewhere between Barcelona and Dorset - presumably Paris or Barking

..but apart from that it looks like the summer essentials - jerseys and shorts - are with a couple of exceptions as per order, so I've asked for them to be sent to me ASAP. I'll email everyone who's ordered any of these items as soon as they arrive here; my guess is it'll be very early next week. At least we should have something to wear for the photo-shoot!

Regarding the still-missing items, I'll post a message on here as soon as I know if they're on their way. If they are, I'll post another message saying so and will again email everyone who's ordered those items when they arrive.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience. There have been days when an awful lot of time has been spent trying to sort this order out, seemingly to little effect. I've been trawling the net for recommendations for alternative suppliers and it seems HIGHLY likely we'll go elsewhere for the next order.

One final point - if anyone wants the following items but hasn't ordered them (new members, are you listening):-

S/S jersey with full zip (XL)
L/S jersey with full zip (XL)
Bib shorts (L)
Thermal bib tights (L)

..then email me, as we've got a cancelled order. You can buy them direct from the club without Cycle Heaven's handling charge, thus saving a few quid! Sizes are a touch on the small size - resident supermodel Steve was okay with L shorts but probably would have been XL jersey.

Thanks folks
Phil

by PhilBixby Thu May 18, 2006 6:33 pm
Latest exciting chapter in Tales From The Rag Trade..

Second box arrived today containing gents ventstopper jackets and gilets. As ever, these are resplendent in unnapproved artwork but I'm awaiting a response from our supplier about what they intend doing about this.

If your memory is good enough to know you ordered one of these items, then they're here (and you're a better man than me)!

We're still missing lots of items - mainly bibtights / skintights of various descriptions plus all the ladies sized stuff. I've asked what's happening and will post on here as soon as I know.

If anyone thinks they've ordered stuff but haven't had an email from me, get in touch!

Lastly, we still have some "spares" which due to a bit of shuffling now comprise:-

S/S jersey with full zip (M)
L/S jersey with full zip (M)
L/S jersey with short zip (M)
Bib shorts (M)
Thermal bib tights (L)

All of these are currently cluttering up my office so if anyone out there wants to buy them, email me.

Thanks
Phil

by PhilBixby Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:00 pm
Latest news from the hanging rail...

I've emailed everyone who's already bought stuff and is awaiting replacement jerseys, but I'll post it here too:-

I now have samples from the new supplier in the form of

S/S jerseys in S/M/L
Bibshorts in S/M/L
Training jacket (thicker L/S jersey with full zip) in L
Plus some winter bib 3/4s, a rain gilet and even some mitts.

The sizing seems much more like what you’d expect (M jersey and M bibs are spot on for me, which is what I buy normally), L/S sleeves seem adequately long etc. So you can check though, how about:-

I’ll be in the Ackhorne on Thursday (ie tomorrow, the 8th) evening between 7:15 and 8:45 with all the stuff, come and have a drink and try it on, or..

For those of you TTing or otherwise busy early evening, I’ll be back home (70A Holgate Road, it’s between 70 and 72 Holgate Road) by 9:30pm, feel free to call here and try it on, or..

If neither of these are any use, give me a ring/email and we’ll sort something out. I’d like to get the order confirmed by the weekend though. If I don’t hear from you, I’ll use the size you originally ordered.

As I’ve said before in emails, you’ll get a replacement jersey(s), same type as you ordered, free. If you want to keep the original one, please give us a tenner for it, otherwise give it back. The financial ins and outs of this will be *greatly* helped if people are happy to keep the originals for training or whatever for £10.

Now the bit that applies to anyone, whether or not you've already bought kit...

We’ll also be putting in an order for BIBSHORTS – some people never got them in the original order. If anyone else wants some then let me know ASAP. If we order 10 pairs or more altogether we get them cheaper. Price is £29.50 if we order less than ten, £24.50 if it’s more than ten. They look pretty good; inserts are complex ones with soft bits at the top of the legs and a fluffy bit at the front. They’d be club colours/design – black with red stripe up legs (with website address) and Clifton logo on bum.

For anyone who joined after the last order was put together or for whatever other reason wants to look more "Cliftony" - and SOON - then you could get some bibshorts ordered (delivery within a month), and pick up one of the not-quite-right-but-still-very-black-and-red jerseys for a bargain tenner. You, yes you, would be the envy of your cycling friends.

And... for anyone who ordered things that never got made by the original supplier (bib 3/4s, skintights, etc) you’ll get a refund cheque in due course, thanks for your patience meantime.