Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by fatsprinter Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:38 pm
Mais où est-il le kit ? J'ai payé plusieurs de mes livres anglaises et démuni de I pourtant reçu l'avantage du nouveau kit. j'ai seulement mon kit de camolflage. Quel travestie. Quand mon nouveau kit arrivera-t-il ?

La vie est une chienne. Peut-être je devrais rechercher une autre équipe cela me vêtira au moins.
Quand est-ce que peux avoir mon kit svp, je n'ai-je rien à porter ?

Je suis nu avant vous et tous mes cyclistes de camarade. C'est un travestie. Comment est-ce que je vais pour gagner une course quand je n'ai rien porter ?

Mon dieu, quelqu'un svp me répondent.

De tijd gaat snel, gebruik hem wel!
Schaarf!!

by PhilBixby Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:54 am
So! Friday night's your drinking night then, Colin?!

I've been nagging the suppliers on a regular basis, and have pointed out we'll all be riding events naked if we don't get the b****y kit.

Most recent two responses being...

14th March - "Phil, I spoke with the factory last night. They can send the kit two weeks time which should take ~ 3 days to arrive in the uk. Then I have to send that onto you."

and

28th March - "Phil, I am waiting for a progress update.. when i know, I'll let you know."

I'll get onto them again today.
Phil

by fatsprinter Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:50 am
I may have had half a glass of wine. I'm a bit of a lightweight 'cos I don't drink that much. But the French is good n'est pas? Ah well, I'll be riding in Camo kit, or will Clifton pay the bail and fines if I get caught riding naked?

Bon.

Schaarf!!

by PhilBixby Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:33 pm
Le Francais, c'est excellent. Ca Michel Thomas sait ses choses, c'est certaine. Je suis seulement sur le deuxieme disque. Il n'y a pas assez des soirs dans une semaine!

I'd go for the camo kit matey - the fines might be big. I'll keep chasing the clothing up - we're all in the same boat (except some of us have the old stuff, which could be argued is worse than nudity) and have all coughed up the cash sometime last year. Getting cycling clothing made is more frustrating than getting buildings built - and they can't even blame the weather.

À demain!

by PhilBixby Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:42 pm
Actually, Colin, I just spotted these new hoops and it occurred to me that they'd go well with the camo outfit AND could offer significant advantages on a rolling circuit like tomorrow's....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/ ... ingrad.pdf

:wink:

by Arthur Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:15 pm
Is that the ****dy camo kit you've been wearing for the last few years and which gives anyone behind a much better view of your arse than is generally wanted?

by PhilBixby Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:19 pm
Colin's wearing it to make sure the lead-out train gets in front of him....

by PhilBixby Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:35 pm
Update as of today...

"Phil,

I have three customers inlcuding yourself who are waiting for kit.
Codisports are shipping three lots in one go and I'm waiting for them to let me know when they're shipping it.

When I know, I'll let you know.. hopefully middle of this coming week

Regards
dan

On 01/04/06, Phil Bixby <constructive@zen.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Dan
>
> I'm in "nag" mode as I've had an inbox full of emails from grumpy club
> members doing a race tomorrow with no kit. To make it worse, so am I!
> Please can you contact the manufacturers and find out what's
> happening? It was, on the basis of the last update, due to be with you
> by the middle of the week just past, and I'm assuming since I've heard
> nothing that it isn't. What's going on with it, please?"
by fatsprinter Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:29 pm
Mais j'ai un si beau derrière ?

I may be able to find an old black pair, but the camo top it is!!

Schaarf!!

by PhilBixby Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:20 am
Today's update:-

"Phil:-

The kit's been made, all at codi towers are double double checking the order, artwork and quantities with what's been made before it gets shipped out this week -weds possibly"

Then 3 days to get to Dynamic and another couple to get here, so sounds like we should have it mid next week.

by PhilBixby Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:49 pm
..and today's:-

Hi. I've been advised by codisports that they will be shipping me the orders for three customers on the 14th of April. This is due to the large volume of orders which they have been processing this last month. I was also advised that the 28 day manufacturing rule still applies, some of you were told 2 weeks which was an informal date and only to be used as a guide.

I will contact you again when I have your kit. ~ approx 19th April

Thank you for your patience.

Regards
dan

I'm seriously pissed-off by being told one thing one day and something completely different the next, and will get in touch to tell 'em that - but I doubt it'll make the kit arrive any sooner. Will keep you all posted.

by PhilBixby Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:08 pm
Update on the update:-

Did very snotty email, got phonecall in response, following phonecall to Barcelona. Kit being sent out next Monday, will be with Dynamic in UK by Friday, will be Businessposted to me on Saturday, will arrive immediately after easter w/end.

Allegedly!

Kit

by BroomWagon Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:39 pm
Once the kit arrives, will you post it to us or do we need to go somewhere to collect it. I was just about to chuck out my 1995 centenary year strip because it's had it but I think I will put it in the loft for posterity.