Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:12 pm
Entry opens Jan 8th, as does that for the Etape du Dales.

Anyone fancy it this year?

by BroomWagon Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:40 pm
Arthur, I'm keen to do both this year - doing a sub eight hour ride for the Etape Du Dales is my main target for this year. Trouble is, these things are so popular now I think it will be extremely difficult to get a place.

I'm also, doing the White Rose Classic which is available for entry now, if you're quick you'd probably get a place on that.

http://www.whiteroseclassic.co.uk/

by Arthur Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:54 am
Good point. Entry in the post for the White Rose now.

by Tullio Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:43 pm
The Etape Du Dales started taking bookings on Saturday...3 days earlier than advertised. Gill and I got entry numbers around 90 on Sat morning. I heard by this afternoon they were up to 320 so any remaining places (they're only accepting 650) may well disappear quick. Entry is online though and only takes 2 or 3 minutes.

by like my bike Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:45 am
Having been trying to enter since 7.00 am no joy !

Is there a link ?

A J

by Tullio Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:52 am
http://www.etapedudales.co.uk/entries.htm

However, they've now disabled the link at put the comment:

'Entry Form - available 8th Jan (Please note we have accepted a small number of entries already for testing purposes. We will open entries on Mon 8th Jan)'

I think they realised they'd made a mistake in making the site live on Saturday! For 'small number' read '400+'

by Arthur Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:36 am
Ah, the joys of technology :)

They can consider their system well and truely tested!

by like my bike Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:15 am
Does that mean its full what are farce!!!!! :?

A J

by Tullio Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:18 am
I've tried sending you a mail with a link to try...have you got it? What's you're email?

by Arthur Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:25 pm
like my bike wrote:Does that mean its full what are farce!!!!! :?

Don't think it's full, just that they put it live too soon. They don't seem to have re-opened it yet, so I'd just keep an eye one the site.

by like my bike Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:53 pm
Paul

Thanks for your tip but it is FULL ! still cant believe the organiser trying the website out on Saturday and oops 500+ trials later there is no room at the inn!!!!! :cry:

A J

by Arthur Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:13 pm
That is a little unfortunate to say the least.