Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:35 pm
Helen and I are riding the Scotton 100 on 9/4.
Details on http://www.krt.org.uk/ events page.
In summary it is 100km, about 65 of them tarmac and the rest "whites". Jim Laycock rode the route last week and tells me that it is all rideable on a road bike with 23mm+ tyres and no guards.
Route is from Staveley to Ripley, Brimham, Fountains, Dishforth, Aldwark, Staveley.
It is being run under TLI rules so there is a small entry fee and you need to leave time to sign on.
Anyone else interested?

by NickScull Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:02 pm
Just to let you know that Helen and I enjoyed the event, despite some rather varied weather.

Climbing to the top of Whipley Bank off road from the back of Ripley Castle actually seemed easier than the road route (or is that just because I didn't have a number on my back at the time?).

There were some great lanes around the near side of Brimham Rocks before another offroad section from Fountains to Ripon.

After that we had various off road wiggles to Dishforth, Dalton, Aldwark Brigde and back to the HQ at Staveley.

Already planning our strategies for next year to get round a little faster. :)

Nick