Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:55 pm
Team,

Hope you were all able to make the most of it?
What did you all do then?

I can report that the Solstice ride was top notch. I can't, to be honest, remember a better clubrun! Perfect conditions (for Dec anyway) and only 5°C cooler than the August Tan Hill run, but without the wind and rain! The fells were simply stunning. Well done to Hans, Keith, Willy, Andy S, Mussy and Iain Kent for truly memorable day out.

And what about "like my bike" who was in the Square at 0700 to take photos and continued to jump out of his car with camera all the way to Rainton, trying to catch the group at sunrise! Top man 8)

by stevesavage Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:00 am
Well done guys - can't wait to see the photos

by paulM Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:43 am
I would second Robs views and we have done a few club rides between us - it was for me the best club ride I've ridden.
The CTT & the CTC have nothing on us - how is it CCC breeds distance riders so effortlessly & always has?
What other club can start & finish all its riders on a ride like that so consistantly?
Correct me if I'm wrong but nobody actually appeared to be finding the ride particularly hard - used no doubt to the challenges of winter night riding after Willy's Christmas dinner ride?
The only thing that marred the day for me was not having time for a pudding at the second Leyburn pitstop - this quick cafe stop strategy is a worrying departure for the club?