Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Sean Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:56 pm
I've got a few historical aches and pains that I would like treating. Before I trundle off to Barnsley to see a (cycling) physio who's been recommended, just wondered if anyone could recommend someone York based?

Cheers

Sean

by PhilBixby Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:45 pm
Well, not a physio but an alternative:- I've had various injuries, pinched nerves etc treated by osteopath Roger Kingston in Acomb over the years, with pretty near 100% success rate. The one long-term niggler that kept recurring I dealt with by booking a session with Pilates teacher Rachel Potter who practices from Roger's premises. She sorted me out with a set of stretches which have meant that I've been able to stay completely (touch wood) pain free.
Last edited by PhilBixby on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Rob Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:11 am
If you want something a bit more "main stream" then there's always someone like Paula Clarke (Highthorn Physiotherapy Clinic). I believe she used to have links with the athletics, triathlon and Rugby League communities in York.

by Arthur Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:30 am
And on a slightly different tack, Hans (who is in the club) is a chiropractor from the Acomb Chiropractic Clinc.

Arthur

by stevesavage Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:21 pm
I've used Debbie Priestley at the York Clinic for Complementary Medicine on Tadcaster Road who does sports massage and acupuncture.

by Sean Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:35 pm
Thanks for the suggestions. One of my problems is a painful illiotal band - apparently accupuncture is very good for that. I will also try the others to see what they can offer (and how much they charge! :? )